No announcement yet.

game policy question - refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting people to joining civs they have contact with, will make the second set of rules practically irrelevant (unless your civ has been lying a lot in diplomacy, which is a valid option too ofcourse).

If somehow people could erase everything they knew from a previous team, nobody would have any objection to let everybody chose the team they want.
    no sig

Comment

• I see it asd realistic, as when I read the histories of the civilizations of this world that have fallen, I find peoples have run for their lives, not stopping for many years till they feel safe

these people are the true explorers
      not your Christopher Columbus, or James Cook
      struth all these guys really did was then turn around and go back with infomation on how to get there
      they dfid not settle and stay where they found peace

edit: anyway, as slow as this game is, I am truely surprised this issue really means anything

for if you are all so truely involved in the game, then surely we could get the game speed up to at least 3 turns per team per week....
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Okay, consider 2.1 "Refugees may join any team they have contact with" an option.

Please PM me your TEAM vote, don't post it here - it's too hard to figure out what's a vote

Thanks!
        many thanks
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I see it asd realistic, as when I read the histories of the civilizations of this world that have fallen, I find peoples have run for their lives, not stopping for many years till they feel safe.
          Well Im kinda sceptical about those Egypt - Maya culture links through rafts like Kon-Tiki.

for if you are all so truely involved in the game, then surely we could get the game speed up to at least 3 turns per team per week....
          Well, we did the latest turn in 8 hours, turn before that was quite quick too, it's just those issues with Firaxis patching policy and stuff..
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• hehe, yes the games would be better without firaxis
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by binTravkin

Well Im kinda sceptical about those Egypt - Maya culture links through rafts like Kon-Tiki.
              Thor Heyerdahl ftw!

Ye of little faith
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• from Lacero:
                Everyone just agree with me for the good of the game over their own fun and we can get back to concentrating on the game

I like your attitude.
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• or we could do it on a case by case basis. If one team has intimate knowledge of another, they could be prevented from joining a third.

Though I'd prefer to rely on the honor system.

For example banana could join their conquerers but perhaps not GS as they have a lot of knowledge of their conquerers. But really, the knowedge should be outdated quickly. So perhaps it should be allowed in 20 turns or so.

For my team, I can state that I'm okay with whoever banana wants to join. But it's easier for me to say this, as I don't think banana has much knowledge of our team that already isn't known by the others.

Comment

• Team Sarantium will PM our vote when we are done talking this matter to death.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• It would actually be less of a security problem if ex bananas joined teams on the other continent, knowledge of anything gone before where they used to dwell will never be of any use to Horde Saratium or Mercs, its so far off in the distance that if we ever get to the other continent much if not all of their old knowledge will not be useful strategically !!!

Joining GS or AC on the other hand could seriously help in any upcoming war (Im not sure who shared bananas continent !) between the remaining civs. I believe its being viewed all wrong.

Having said all that though I dont think we should restrict it at all, let the ex bananas make their own choices, and allow freedom of information, and lets give them the benefit of the doubt that they would not seek to cheat !!! at least not intentionally !
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• The members of our continent are in a much better position to evaluate that, and thus our opinions will rightly differ from yours on this point.
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• I like your attitude.
                          Finally a fan, I don't know why but no one on the AC team appreciates my ideas on diplomacy at all!

For at least one example of why I think 's a bad idea, the numbers and positions of iron resources will be extremely useful info until very late in the game. That kind of thing that might be missed off or edited on maps given out by teams for a long time, leaving no way to discover it unless you've explored there yourself, got a map from someone who did, or have special help from refugees. Allowing refugees in this way means if a team acts in a way that shows they've learnt some kind of (as you thought) secret info you will never know if you've been betrayed or it it was refugees.

Also, giving an honest map of your territory has different diplomatic value (ie. shows less trust) if it is believed people already know the important points or can corroborate that your map is accurate. This doesn't require posting of map info, just knowledge about what it roughly looks like that would be very difficult to ignore if you saw a team lying in their diplomacy. In truth it requires even less to change the game, it just needs the belief by one party that the knowledge exists whether it does or not.

So I think allowing refugees with info into other teams changes the strategic options available to everyone even if no one ever acts on that info, the potential and suspicion is enough to change the game and to me that's a good reason to disallow it.

Is there a deadline snoopy?

Comment

• he said one week, IIRC
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Can I become a refugee even though my team is alive and kicking?

Con is so lazy and he sucks so much that it disgusts me.

(Con is cool)
                              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• It would actually be less of a security problem if ex bananas joined teams on the other continent, knowledge of anything gone before where they used to dwell will never be of any use to Horde Saratium or Mercs, its so far off in the distance that if we ever get to the other continent much if not all of their old knowledge will not be useful strategically !!!

Joining GS or AC on the other hand could seriously help in any upcoming war (Im not sure who shared bananas continent !) between the remaining civs. I believe its being viewed all wrong.
                                It so happens that teams on one continent can know very much about each other with little effort.

If there was a situation whereas team from other continent, say The Horde, would benefit less or equally as GS from the information about AC provided by joining Banana member, I'd say GS is seriously under-staffing it's intelligence agencies.
                                (of course I'm not implying it's the actual case, just an example)

Lacero put it nicely.
                                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X