This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa.

Apparantly Slade has gone absent on us again. I would happily play the save, however, I am in the middle of remodeling our house this week, and the PC is out of commision. My laptop is incapable of playing.

In the future (as always) if there is a problem with Team Merc, a PM to me will solve all issues. Slade was watching the turns, so I stopped watching.

Now, I got some more wiring to do tomorrow, subflooring the following day, so at a minimum, it will be Friday before I can make a turn. But even then, I still have the family medical situations that took me out as regular turnplayer to begin with.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Now with picture goodness of my week last week...

or, the parts my wife got pictures of, anyway.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Whoa.

Apparantly Slade has gone absent on us again. I would happily play the save, however, I am in the middle of remodeling our house this week, and the PC is out of commision. My laptop is incapable of playing.

In the future (as always) if there is a problem with Team Merc, a PM to me will solve all issues. Slade was watching the turns, so I stopped watching.

Now, I got some more wiring to do tomorrow, subflooring the following day, so at a minimum, it will be Friday before I can make a turn. But even then, I still have the family medical situations that took me out as regular turnplayer to begin with.
        Crap, is it still held up? I can play it, but I don't check in often. When I do I check in on the Merc forum and I didn't notice anything there.

If there is a problem I guess send to the Merc list with some subject line to catch my attention like "Ozzy play the damn turn already".

That'll get my attention.

Resend the save to alex a.t oneandfour.org and I'll take care of it tonight.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Oz - I will include you on my mailing list for future saves.

Uno - place looks great. Nice job!
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I am already on the list for the saves. But generally I assume someone else is taking care of them and I just delete them, heh.

So... while it is a pain in the ass for you, I don't suppose an additional e-mail could be sent out if the save is late and that we need to hurry up and get it done. (with a clear subject line like "save is late, please play it" or something).
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I played and sent this save, as noted in the save tracker thread.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• *knock*, *knock* is this thing on?

Comment

• Hi guys. I played the game until midturn and I can fwd the turn 2moro evening latest.
                  I guess everyone is on vacation around this time as I was..
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• mmmm....hmmmmm.....

This is moving quick...

Do folks just want to call this game?

I'll be the first to say it, I guess.

Barring some collossal screw up, there is already a winner to this game. Yeah, ok, we all want to play on to the bitter end for whatever reason, but really, it's all academic at this point.

Now, Mercs are in #2, and I can guarantee you all, looking at the demographics score, we are an insignificant pest in the side of #1 in all but 1 area, and that will change with time. And that would be assuming Team Merc cared about winning.

As it stands, AC pretty much has it's choice of how to win. Yeah, it kinda sucks we never got to influence the 'other continent' at all, and I'm curious how the other continent allowed it to happen, but that's not going to change with time. Just become more pronounced.

Just sayin...
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Ditto, I don't mind just calling this game now and opening the forums. I'd like to ask a few members of GS wtf they were thinking, as well, and read about what happened on the other continent.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I'm against opening the forums. What has been said it them was said in the underderstanding that it was a private area, and not one where members from other teams would be digging through.
                        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

• UnO, nice looking home you have. Nice choice of colors.
                          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

• While we are not the ones to call this game "finished", I am fully PRO opening the forums when it *is* finished. Isn't this usual practice in civ demogames ? It happend in all alpha centauri demogames on poly I know about...

Unrelated to that, it seems most of our team are back from holiday and our turn will be sent on shortly...
                            no sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidun
                              I'm against opening the forums. What has been said it them was said in the underderstanding that it was a private area, and not one where members from other teams would be digging through.
                              Has no one grown up from the PTW ISDG days? Say something bad abouty me, fine, I don't really care. Just interested in what happened on the other continent really.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I think he's worried because they called me lots of bad stuffs over in Sarantium. Probably over in the Horde, too. But I'ld suspect Sarantium would be the more heated stuffs just because their members tend to be more emotional. It likely all pales in comparison to some of the PM discussions I've had with some Sarantium members.

Just have Beta axe a thread or two if you're that worried about it. (I'm assuming he has mod powers over your forum) I'm more interested in GS/AC forums anyway. I do admit to being curious of a few, what I consider to be, poor military decisions on the part of Sarantium. But they may have made sense from your point of view.

Isn't this usual practice in civ demogames ? It happend in all alpha centauri demogames on poly I know about...
                                No, unfortunately. I'm not actually aware of any Civ demogame where it has happened. Too many people take this game too serious.

Those AC games are FUN and stuff. Actual roleplaying civs. Great stuff. Civ games are a competition. Win win win!

Try as I might to alter that in some small way, it will never change.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X