Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having been delivered to the great Musa Tree above the clouds Team Banana does not have to deal with this.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Originally posted by polarnomad
      Oh geez...
      Ya

:sigh:
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• I think this has more to do with eliminating banana then anything else.

I didn't change my installation of civ since about a month and can open the midturn save posted in our forum.
        no sig

Comment

• Doesn't that mean the save is 'unpatched' then??????
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• PJay, that is was I was saying - a 1.74 opens 1.74 fine.
            It's just those who have patched BtS to 3.13, don't have 1.74 anymore.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• The BtS 3.13 patch does seem to have effected both Warlords and original Civ IV files..........
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Another gem from Firaxis
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• So, we need to decide what to do with save - keep 1.74. or patch to (BtS) 3.13. (is there a vanilla-only patch doing the same?).

First would mean BtS owners who patch to 3.13 would need to keep an extra copy of 1.74.

Comment

• Guys, if we patch up to 3.13 that means those who dont have BTS or a working copy(my cd is gone :/ ) will not be able to play the game. As well who knows what future errors will pop in
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• The old dual install nonsense, eh?

That was sooooooooo Civ III

Comment

• Sarantium should check if they can open the save I just sent.
                        It's a fresh vanilla->1.61->1.74->c4dgcolors install.

Comment

• Checking. Sorry - was busy during the day.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Nope - I get this followed by Load failed message and then the game closes.
                            Attached Files
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• And just rechecked my civ and build version. It is 1.74.

And retried the entire sequence again with the same result.
                              Last edited by Beta; October 9, 2007, 21:17.

Comment

• dum di dum di dum

Anyone have any suggestions? Snoop? Aeson?

Comment

Working...
                                X