This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -SafaN-
    hmm snoopy, can u write me a recipe for that?, i wanna make quiche for my gf
    Okay, my first entry for the minipaper:

Snoopy's Modelicious Recipes - cooking for the busy gamer

Quiche:

Base:
    1 box of egg beaters/egg whites, or 8 eggs, beaten.
    1/2 cup sour cream (4 oz, or 110g)
    1/2 cup milk or light cream (4 oz, or 110g)
    4 oz cream cheese, or other 'soft' cheese (for texture), diced (110g)
    1 cup hard cheese (cheddar, colby jack, etc.), shredded (not sure the grams, probably about 250g)

Fillings: Quantities can vary to your taste, but don't use more than 1 1/2 cups in total.
    * Sausage and Apple (diced, both)- makes a great combination.
    * Basil, Sun-dried Tomatoes (1/2 cup) diced, garlic
    * Lemon oil (1-2 tsp), oregano, thyme, one large or two small tomatoes, diced
    * Salmon (poached is best, that's cooked in simmering water or broth), diced, along with some combination of green spices such as oregano, tarragon, etc.
    * Spinach, whole leaf or chopped, cooked in water and vinegar first
    * Most meats can work, cooked ahead of time, but oily fried meats don't work very well (except sausage, for some reason). Boiled or poached works best.

Combine the 'basic' ingredients except for the hard cheese with a spoon or a mixer, beat them until well combined. Add the filling, mix just until combined. Pour into either an 8x8 square pan (silicon is easiest to clean, or glass, or nonstick metal) or a 9" pie pan. Add the shredded hard cheese on top.

Put into a 325ºF (for you euros that's about 150ºC or so) oven for about 40 minutes, depending on the amount of filling and on the pan used (Some pans cook more warm).

This can also be made in a pie crust if you want, just buy a premade pie crust, if it's raw then bake it according to directions (usually at 400ºF or 210ºC for a short time) before adding the quiche ingredients. But I never use the crust, too much extra work

It takes all of 5 to 10 minutes to prepare, depending on the filling, plus 40 minutes of cooking while you go play Civ (though make sure to set a timer!) ... it's done when it's pretty solid, it will solidify more when it coools. It's not that easy to overcook though, so don't worry about perfection.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• You do realize this has to be a regular column now, correct?
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• hehe, I'll write one every time UnO publishes a paper I have dozens of such recipes, culled from my years of making dinner on short time, and making sure to build in civving time in them

Comment

• Well, Vox has the save, but I don't think I'll get a chance to play it until Christmas night or the morning after (I have to work tonight Christmas Eve Night/Christmas morning and Christmas Night). My babies first real christmas and I have to work

Meh... If anyone has a problem with that long of a delay too bad!!!, just post here and I'll see if arangements can be made.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Donegeal, check out this thread: It's that time of year.... and Merry Christmas.

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
              with GS

GADS almost forgot the admins
              Turn/save has not been received.

Edit: I have posted in both threads, PM'd and emailed Platypus Rex.

Comment

• I haven't received the save from the Bunch either.

Comment

• For that matter, PR, you might want to make sure you have my email in your address book ... I haven't received a save from the Bunch in quite a while.

Comment

• We will likely be over the 24 hour mark.

Sorry folks, we'll try to get it out as quick as we can...

Comment

• Kloreep: Perhaps your team player should be polarnomad whos in the same time zone a flamerfin the usual sender to you, I can see he's managed to play quite fast on the last few occasions he played for your team, perhaps the resent delays are due to his absense? Over at AC we have a rather flexible aproatch several potential players are all able to play the turn as soon as it arives, no one has to defer to an official turn player (assuming nothing suprizing happend). Hope this was just a temporary game-play haggling induced delay and this dose not become habitual.
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• This particular delay was specifically to allow for more team discussion - I'm afraid we can't always have everything straight beforehand. The other delays have been less a product of needing team consultation though, I'm afraid me and PN have simply not been as on the ball; in my case I can tell you from a combination of irregular check-ins, including a simply erratic sleeping schedule. :/

We have the same policy of whoever wants to play first, does. In practice though it is typically either PN or me, most of our other members prefer not to.

Sorry we've been such a bottleneck on the game recently. Hopefully it will improve, though in the case of turns like this one, there's not much we can do.

Comment

• Our turnplayer is away, excuse us for the delay, the save will hopefully be played soon.
                          Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                          Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

• Kinda strange to have 1 turnplayer for a 34-player team (the biggest!).
                            You have despotism in GS?
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• That is a fairly traditional approach to team games. One (maybe 2) designated turnplayers, everyone else gives inputs on the orders. I think it fascinating just to see how many different "governments" get set up with all the teams. It's good to see teams breaking this traditional mold, but every form has strengths and weaknesses.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Well, I cant really see a reason why a team should have only one turn player, if there are other people who are confident enought to play the turn.
                                Giving input doesn't really mean that only one can recieve it and execute.
                                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X