X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatering Storm Diplo

just recieved this today:

"Greetings loyal scions of the almightiest of fruits!

It is your newest friendly neighbors, Gathering Storm. We wish to extend a kindhearted greeting to you in the hopes of establishing bonds in peace.

I am your ambassador from the People of the Storm. notyoueither is our Minister of Foreign Affairs. Please feel free to contact either of us, however I may be more readily available so feel free to contact me whenever you feel the need.
    On MSN messenger, my email is awesemofettsabre@hotmail.com. "

when did we meet ?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

here is my first contact:

I need to ask the main question first.

When/where did we meet in game ? I did not play the last turn. I would like for all talks to be legit

I hope you understand my concern

Yours truly

Platypus Rex

Comment

I dunno, that seems somewhat accusatory.
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

only becuse it was beat into me by a mod

I do tend to get right to the point

Comment

I was the last turn player.

I didn't notice GS presence (city or unit).

Best regards,

Comment

furhter news

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Nobody checked gmail the last 2 days.

We are on the border of Splitsville. We are standing on the rice 2 1 of the town.

If you wish, you may check with snoopy to verify that our contacting you is legitimate.

Regards
            nye

we could verify this on our next turn

my reply

Since you now the name of our glorious town, all is well and welcome to our peacefull realm.

Just beware of the burnig of bananasense--this may cause burning of eyes, drooling of the mouth.

Let me scribe down the ideas and wishes and I will be happy to gather my fellow Bananas for disccusions in these important matters.

Expect delays with us as well, we all try hard to do and make the best of things

Bananapus Rex

things are picking up....

lets tell AC about contact with another civ without giving GS's name yet...ask them if they wish to be known

Dyong to know where they came from...Boat ? Land ?

Comment

Platy, I know it is your team and all, but thediplomaticbanana was created for team diplo. I humbly request that we start using that email for GS contact? The pluses of that email account are that if diplomats change the other Civ still has one point of contact. We also don't get into a situation where another team can start to email different Team Banana members looking for a different response. It also provides another layer to shield our individual identity.

I will include mention of our contact when I ask AC to reply.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I need that info again, I keep on losing it.

That was a main reason why I had CC'd you in the last conversation. I have no intentions of taking over any diplomatic actions. You are the one with the talent in that regards

Comment

ME!?!?!?!?

OK if that is what is needed.

I'll take it from here unless someone else wants the GS Diplo.

FYI - thediplomaticbanana has a thread here in the private forum, the pwd is there.
                  Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

A simple reply...

NYE & Gathering Storm,
                    Our tribes' recent contact is being discussed. For now, know that we are a friendly tribe and are glad to hear that you come in peace.

Please send all diplomatic letters to thediplomaticbanana@yahoo.com

Yea Banana!!!!!!!!
                    -The Diplomatic Banana

So, now what?

Comment

I guess start with land border

Comment

I asked some questions, sent a gift of pudding, and raised the issue of borders...

NYE & Gathering Storm,
                        Oh yea! and praise be The Great Banana whose name dare not be uttered. Our prophets foretold of a time when our peoples would meet - just a few weeks ago in fact. Some thought you were a left over effect from the last retreat to the mountains where our wise men smoke banana peels to gain insight to the ways of The Mighty Musa. This is why we were flustered at your sudden appearance.

It is obvious by our many cities that these are the Lands of the Banana. How is it that you have come to us? Have you traveled by land, or by sea? Or as your name implies, have you come by way of sky from where the clouds play? Pray tell what kind of tribe you are? Where are your lands and what are you doing in ours - besides trampling our rice? Have you tried the banana-rice pudding? It is to die for.

As a gift I send you the technological wonder known as

"Banana Rice
                        Pudding"
                        -------------------

3 cups rice milk or nonfat milk (I prefer the milk of the free range hippolactus)
                        1 cup short grain rice (splitsville rice please)
                        3 very ripe bananas, mashed
                        1/2 tsp nutmeg

Preheat over fire to 350F. Mix all together well and pour into a
                        1 1/2 qt casserole. Bake in pit for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring
                        occasionally, until rice is tender. Makes 4 cups.

If you are a near-by neighbor we should discuss the borders of our lands.

Peace & Banana Out!
                        -The Diplomatic Banana
                        Attached Files

Comment

A quick note.

Unless or until you give a portion of your map to GS that indicates the location of AC (it doesn't have to include your location, but it should be enough for GS to have some idea of where AC is on the continent) or unless GS/AC have contact, you should not discuss the existence of another civ on the continent, except when absolutely required [ie, if you are running from a mob of AC tanks and have to explain why your warrior is heading into GS territory]. You can tell if GS and AC have contact via the F4 screen.

Thanks!
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

This applies equally to AC, by the way. You could discuss the existence of GS with them only by showing them a map that includes the GS warrior, and enough of the screen to indicate the general location of the warrior (again, doesn't have to include your territory).
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

great touch Daddy-O

thanks for the reminder snoopy369

Comment

Working...
                              X