This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree.

And, at very least, peace and some tech trade.

Best regards,

Comment

Can you offer peace in-game to GS while I send an email asking to formalize our peaceful friendship?
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

in game peace comes after discovering writing...sorry

cultural boundries- I support

I have to think of this:

AC and GS know of each other all ready, we are in the middle

PREPARE for the worse, while planning for the best
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Yes. This is why I do not want to ask AC for anything to get in contact with GS. If AC and GS know eachother it will be bad form on our part and not speak well of our desire to have an open a free friendship with AC.
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I missed GS & NYE. I have let my team down.

From GS...

I can be reached as notyoueither@hotmail.com using Windows Messenger.

I look forward to meeting with you. Saturday is a good day for me as I am usually available all afternoon (MST).

nye

my reply...

NYE,
            Very sorry that we missed the meeting. Is there another time that we can meet?

Peace,
            -The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

Sounds like I am going to have to sit online and wait for GS at MSN.

I can be reached as notyoueither@hotmail.com using Windows Messenger.

I look forward to meeting with you. Saturday is a good day for me as I am usually available all afternoon (MST).

nye

If anyone else wants to handle diplo with GS just raise your hand. Thediplomaticbanana was created so everyone can do diplo and changes are transparent to the other teams. If no one wants it, I will continue.

Comment

Well if they dont show up this saturday

lets not worry about it at all, if they blow it...its their fault

We cant wait for ever

Comment

Hey Daddy-O

please make contact with Gathering Storm, again

I recieved a pm stating: noting recieved sice Nov6

they are patiently waiting our reply

Comment

ATTENTION SHOPPERS

Theirs a semi-urgent diplo message in Bananas G-mail inbox concerning a possible IRC chat for this weekend.

will someone please cut and paste here please

Comment

There was nothing at G-Mail. I did find two email from AC in the Yahoo account. These have been posted in the AC diplo thread.

Comment

I'm in the chat.....apperently they were expecting us...
                        "

Comment

There was a meeting, GS and AC was there...and me..., they wanted to
                          discuss tech trading..but there was nothing I could really say, we haven't formed a coherent position in this thread and I'm not the diplomat...Basically I tried to put them off...make excuses...
                          GS is pissed at us...they think we are giving them the "cold shoulder". They seem willing to negotiate but we need to make the next move. And soon I would say..or relations will go sour...
                          "

Comment

I tried making it too, but irc is not an option for me, or untill I figure out who to get it to work

ok ....we need to get a first aid message out ASAP

Comment

I will send a message to AC & GS. I am sorry. I can do diplo via email, but I cannot take the time that it requires to do IM chats, draw up a treaty, etc.

Comment

OK. It's a bit long but here is my email to GS and AC. I will post it in both diplo threads.

Friends of the Banana - Gathering Storm & Alpha Centurians,
                                I understand that the Bananas' lack of responses to you could be seen as us being unfriendly and uninterested in peace or trade with our good neighbors Gathering Storm (GS) and our long time friends of Alpha Centuri (AC). Please do not take offense.

To be open with you our tribe has suffered some losses recently: our turn player unexpectedly quit, a new member who showed great promise left too, the mighty P'Rex has been traveling and my life has gotten busy as well. These are excuses that you can choose to consider. Live chats are difficult for us to make a commitment to at this time. However, I promise to look at the email at least daily for word from you.

The proposed open science agreement that AC and Team Banana nearly signed and agree to in its intent is still on the table. Team Banana welcomes GS to the table and to the agreement. It was always Team Banana's intent to bring our three nations together but word from the sky and snoopy369 made it clear that we could not mention GS to AC or AC to GS. Team Banana hopes that GS and AC will still have us as friends. Team Banana strongly believes that we 3 nations must grow together and stick together if we are to prosper in this large world. Not all nations will be as friendly as we have been to eachother. By openly sharing technologies we grow closer in friendship and peace. Team Banana sees the culture of our 3 nations covering this continent. Science, commerce, and mutual defense should be our concerns.

SCIENCE -
                                AC and Team Banana have all but signed the science agreement. AC kindly brought GS to the table to discuss GS being brought into the agreement. It sounds to me that everyone wants this. Due to our long friendship, Team Banana has full faith and trust in AC. AC, please draw up an acceptable 3 way tech treaty and Team Banana will sign it. AC reports that they have already started researching Writing. Sign up Team Banana to start on Iron Working ASAP, if this has not already been discovered. Let us three nations affirm our friendship with the open sharing of science.

Team Banana would prefer to see a treaty that openly and freely trades techs. The proposed treaty had some conversion of gold to technology - but at the end of the age there was only a difference of something like 8 gold to be paid. With 3 nations involved that difference will be even less. What is 4 gold pieces among friends? Team Banana humbly suggests this out line:

* Simplify the proposed treaty by dropping the gold to tech payment.
                                * State that as soon as possible (discovery of writing?) the 3 member nations freely exchange techs so that everyone has the same technologies to start with.
                                * Draw up a research path for each nation: AC - Writing, ...; Banana - Iron Working, ...; GS - ?, ...
                                * Add a clause that nations freely gift a discovered technology to member nations the same turn it is discovered, or the turn after it is discovered.
                                * And provide an exit/renewal clause such as, at change of age, a given tech is discovered, a given year, etc.

Well that was simple. Is that the agreement right there? AC and GS work out the remaining details and Team Banana will sign it. Team Banana wants this to be a reality.

I will send an addendum to this that includes a list of our current technologies.

COMMERCE -
                                Team Banana and AC have agreed to build a road connecting the two nations. As our nations expand a long road becomes less of an issue. This is good. Soon our nations will be connected and the discussed trade of resources can begin. Team Banana would like to know where GS is so that a route could be built to open up commerce between our three nations. Is it possible to exchange screenshots?

MUTUAL DEFENSE -
                                Let us sign the science agreement and begin trade between our nations. Team Banana believes that once our nations are united together through open science and mutually profitable trade, mutual defense will only be natural.

Peace and Eternal Friendship to you,
                                -The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

Working...
                                X