Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new question on gifting UUs

Anyone know about gifting of UU's?

Is it possible or do they revert to their base unit? And if the latter, is the reverse also true? team gifts base unit to the team that has a UU to replace that type, does it become a UU?

(I would think the latter should be avoided if it is true)

I ask since I know captured 'fast workers' revert to simple workers. This would seem to suggest gifted UU's revert as well, though I haven't actually tried gifting of UU's.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Good question. But, do the costs of building a UU equal the costs of building the base unit of which the UU was factored from? If they are the same then there is no problem.

Comment

I tried gifting a Skirmisher to Egypt. It works.

Egypt gets Skirmisher. Does not get converted to Archer.
      C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

Try it the other way around. Gift a unit to a Civ that that Civ cannot build because it builds its Civ's UU instead. For example send a Musketmen unit to the British who build Red Coats instead. See if the unit given is morphed into a Red Coat or not. You'll have to test this in Hot Seat to be able to tell for sure.

Now, this is all moot if the cost for each of the units along with the tech and resource requirements are the same for the unit and it's UU counterpart.

Comment

There is no cost difference between UUs and their corresponding regular units, however I don't see why the point is moot since UUs will be more valuable to the civ that can't build them.

Comment

Originally posted by polarnomad
            There is no cost difference between UUs and their corresponding regular units, however I don't see why the point is moot since UUs will be more valuable to the civ that can't build them.
            This is not entirely true.
            i.e. Praetorian costs 45 hammers and corresponding unit
            swordman only costs 40 hammers.
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

This is not entirely true.
              i.e. Praetorian costs 45 hammers and corresponding unit
              swordman only costs 40 hammers.
              Ok, according to the manual there are no cost differences that I can tell, but then I guess it is outdated already or wrong.

Comment

IIRC the latest patch changed that. You can check it out from civilopedia. They thought that Praets were too powerful.

Comment

So the Praetorian and the Jaguar are the only UUs that differ from their regular counterparts.

Comment

don't know... probably... I haven't check the others.

Comment

You can check the XML files to see what happens.

Settlers and Workers change to the new civ's default workers when captured.

I think these fast workers reverting to normal workers could be filed as a bug. It's the only UU that does. This feature was only intended to change settlers=>workers.
                      no sig

Comment

Originally posted by polarnomad
                        I figure it's moot because the same amount of resources will have been spent for the comparable unit and if a Civ wants to give away it's UU then it should be able to.

What's Frederick's UU? It'll be intersesting to see if the Mercs will sell them outright and what deals they'll have to make to get them to their customer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                          Try it the other way around. Gift a unit to a Civ that that Civ cannot build because it builds its Civ's UU instead. For example send a Musketmen unit to the British who build Red Coats instead. See if the unit given is morphed into a Red Coat or not. You'll have to test this in Hot Seat to be able to tell for sure.

Now, this is all moot if the cost for each of the units along with the tech and resource requirements are the same for the unit and it's UU counterpart.
                          India Gifting a Fast Worker & Archer to Mali. Mali gets Faster Worker & Archer. Nothing changed.

Comment

Similarly, Mali gifting Skirmisher & worker to India. India gets Skirmisher & worker. Nothing converted.

The reason why Uno's Fast Worker gets converted to Worker is because it's "Captured".

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree

What's Frederick's UU? It'll be intersesting to see if the Mercs will sell them outright and what deals they'll have to make to get them to their customer.
                              Panzer.

@rush

Comment

Working...
                              X