Clear All

• Paddy
    replied
    Cheers Rush

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFree
    It seems reasonable to me then that UU trading should be allowed.
    Yeah

Leave a comment:

• BigFree
    replied
    Oh, and thanks rush.

Leave a comment:

• BigFree
    replied
    It seems reasonable to me then that UU trading should be allowed.

Leave a comment:

• polarnomad
    replied

What's Frederick's UU? It'll be intersesting to see if the Mercs will sell them outright and what deals they'll have to make to get them to their customer.
    Panzer.

@rush

Leave a comment:

• rush
    replied
    Similarly, Mali gifting Skirmisher & worker to India. India gets Skirmisher & worker. Nothing converted.

The reason why Uno's Fast Worker gets converted to Worker is because it's "Captured".

Leave a comment:

• rush
    replied
    Try it the other way around. Gift a unit to a Civ that that Civ cannot build because it builds its Civ's UU instead. For example send a Musketmen unit to the British who build Red Coats instead. See if the unit given is morphed into a Red Coat or not. You'll have to test this in Hot Seat to be able to tell for sure.

Now, this is all moot if the cost for each of the units along with the tech and resource requirements are the same for the unit and it's UU counterpart.
    India Gifting a Fast Worker & Archer to Mali. Mali gets Faster Worker & Archer. Nothing changed.

Leave a comment:

• BigFree
    replied
    Originally posted by polarnomad
    There is no cost difference between UUs and their corresponding regular units, however I don't see why the point is moot since UUs will be more valuable to the civ that can't build them.
    I figure it's moot because the same amount of resources will have been spent for the comparable unit and if a Civ wants to give away it's UU then it should be able to.

What's Frederick's UU? It'll be intersesting to see if the Mercs will sell them outright and what deals they'll have to make to get them to their customer.

Leave a comment:

• PJayTycy
    replied
    You can check the XML files to see what happens.

Settlers and Workers change to the new civ's default workers when captured.

I think these fast workers reverting to normal workers could be filed as a bug. It's the only UU that does. This feature was only intended to change settlers=>workers.

Leave a comment:

• Flamer(fin)
    replied
    don't know... probably... I haven't check the others.

Leave a comment:

• polarnomad
    replied
    So the Praetorian and the Jaguar are the only UUs that differ from their regular counterparts.

Leave a comment:

• Flamer(fin)
    replied
    IIRC the latest patch changed that. You can check it out from civilopedia. They thought that Praets were too powerful.

Leave a comment:

• polarnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Flamer(fin)

This is not entirely true.
    i.e. Praetorian costs 45 hammers and corresponding unit
    swordman only costs 40 hammers.
    Ok, according to the manual there are no cost differences that I can tell, but then I guess it is outdated already or wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Flamer(fin)
    replied
    Originally posted by polarnomad
    There is no cost difference between UUs and their corresponding regular units, however I don't see why the point is moot since UUs will be more valuable to the civ that can't build them.
    This is not entirely true.
    i.e. Praetorian costs 45 hammers and corresponding unit
    swordman only costs 40 hammers.

Leave a comment:

• polarnomad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X