Will there be any AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be any AI?

We know that there will be at least 7 human teams in the upcoming DG, enough to fill a standard map of whichever setting we would use.
    However, what are people's opinions on AI Civilizations, and of both regular and raging Barbarians?

Personally, I think it would be best to either leave both the Barbs and the AI Civs out of it, and let us go at each-other with no interruptions, or give us access to both the Barbs and the AI so we can use some diplomatic manoevering to our advantage, and overlap some of our l33t single player skills with our l33t multi-player skills.

No.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Barbs yes, AI no. Everyone can exploit the barbs if they want, and they do make it potentially more difficult in the early game for others. The benefits of being the first to meet "the only AI civ in the game" aren't as dramatic in Civ4 as they were in Civ3, but it's still there to be exploited. And if we play continents it would likely be that whichever continent the AI civ starts on, the other teams on that continent would have an advantage.

Comment

There will not be any AI in this game.

Whether there is any NI in this game remains to be seen

:duck:
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

AI, no

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No!
            Proud member of the PNY Brigade
            Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

No

I think you will find almost universal agreement in that.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                No

I think you will find almost universal agreement in that.
                Indeed. No AI !

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                X