Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to moderate/admin the multi team Demogame????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conmcb25
    Since I believe Maniac and Googlie were a "tag team" I assume we are still looking for some admins.
    Yup (ie better find some other people - sorry)
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
      Maybe we can talk McMeadows into it along with snoop. McM said he didn't really want to play in this game (bad first experience with the C3DG) but he might be convinced to moderate.
      That's a possibility, but I don't want to turn the mod team into Ye Olde Euphorica either I consider myself very capable of being evenhanded, and the same with McM, but that doesn't mean a situation might not come up where the APPEARANCE of impartiality is crucial.

Are people here okay with me being the forum moderator, for starters, if Markos goes along with that? It would give me access to civgroup subfora, not an option (simply because it's how it physically works), but it seems that's the consensus anyway.

Paddy/team, in particular? I promise I will not bear any grudge in this forum against your team, regardless of C3CDG issues; but I understand if you are reluctant - just say so. I am working 16 hours tomorrow (thank god i'm hourly = timex1.5 ), so I won't be doing anything until sunday (probably afternoon).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

First of all we need you to moderate. Second of all the game admins WILL have access to all team forums. There is a thread around here where that was discussed and the consensus was such that it WOULD happen. If a particular team has an issue with that then my opinion is they can take there team to another demogame somewhere
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I'll volunteer if snoopy is looking for a backup.

Comment

Based on my AC experience as a CMN (as well as current experience as a team member), I'd say that the CMN must also have passwords and access to any off-Poly forums (eg emabassies set up between 2 civs where there is a separate message board forum for diplo discussions)

As well, the CMN(s) need to be assured that they will have logs of any ICQ or other chats within teams

Not that anyone is starting out distrusting anyone else, but that's really the only way that everyone can rest assured that CMN's have all the facts at their fingertips to moderate effectively and credibly

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
              I'll volunteer if snoopy is looking for a backup.

Aeson, we'll miss you in GS, but you would make a hell of a moderator!

DeepO

Comment

Thanks Aeson! I would think we would need at least 2.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

At least 2 is a must.

Aeson

Comment

Aeson and Snoopy - . Great team. Thank you.
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO

Aeson, we'll miss you in GS, but you would make a hell of a moderator!

DeepO
                      What gives Deep-O? Aeson took my $100 bribe to move from GS to moderator status. What about you?

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Bump. Would our kind administrators care to hasten the process a bit? I'm not sure what we're waiting on.
                        Friedrich Psitalon
                        Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                        Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

What gives Deep-O? Aeson took my $100 bribe to move from GS to moderator status. What about you?

I only read this now. Sorry, no deal, I'll be enjoying myself too much. Besides, I'm going to try to have a less active role this time around

DeepO

Comment

I'll PM markos again.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              I'll PM markos again.

keep up the harrassment, no quarter
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex

keep up the harrassment, no quarter
                                Yeah, snoop's good at that. That's why he makes a good mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X