Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to moderate/admin the multi team Demogame????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to moderate/admin the multi team Demogame????

We are going to need mods/administrators sooner or later and a few folks have already expressed interest so lets start gathering the interested parties here

Post if you would like to moderate/be an admin the the multi team CIV IV Demogame.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

You poor, sorry bastards.
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I knew I should have saved a post

Googlie and Maniac (I believe) have thus far volunteered to moderate in this thread.

And we may have a third should he agree to come forward
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
        You poor, sorry bastards.
        You don't like the idea of having a moderator?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

/me agrees to come forward

I'm pretty much definitely not going to be playing this game, regardless, but I'd be glad to moderate/comoderate this game.

Certainly multiple mods is a good idea, too, so one of us can pick up if another has a busy period
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

You don't like the idea of having a moderator?
            I think Fried is referring to the ... difficulty ... past moderators have been put through

/me points to Trip and then ducks...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh. That makes sense.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

snoopy369 Has asked me if I'd rather play than moderate, or vice versa.

On reflection 9and since the AC team has started an internal PBEM to strategize and test, I think I'd rather play.

So I'll bow out of the modding task, in favour of being a fully paid-up AC team member

Thanks, snoopy369

G.

Comment

Seeing as how I probably won't be able to play when the game finally starts, I would probably be better off as a moderator.

My specialties are in diplomacy and humor, both good qualities in a moderator.
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Why won't you be able to play? If you don't have the game you can't really moderate, as that may mean having to look over saves.

And besides, we need you. We look up to you.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I will have internet access on the university, but will not be able to fire up the game immediately, as it will be installed on my home pc. I will be loading saves onto a USB flash drive and truckin' them back and forth, but general moderating would be easier in that regard IMHO.

If someone wants to spring for a year's internet access for me, I'm totally still down to play on the Storm's side!
                      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

On second thought, giving me a cool gathering storm icon and a title like Head Delegate of the storm to the soverignly bananarific nation of Team Banana or some other such splendid thing could appease me, since I could do diplomacy with only some save game views, but 2 moderators seems like too few.

Comment

You can use that banana any way you see fit. Go ahead, you have my permission. I just don't want to see pictures. OK?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Since I believe Maniac and Googlie were a "tag team" I assume we are still looking for some admins.

Three I think would be a nice number.

Anyone else?

Comment

Maybe we can talk McMeadows into it along with snoop. McM said he didn't really want to play in this game (bad first experience with the C3DG) but he might be convinced to moderate.

Comment

Working...
                              X