No announcement yet.

Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random with oversight, so long as the balancer is reputable...

To Merc team, on the premise that they keep some self preservation insticnt in them.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• 1) I don't know. Abstain for now.
      2) Random w/oversight.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• 1) Doesn't really matter (the merc issue), as long as everyone agrees that each team plays to WIN, (whatever the conditions are). Since this is a competitive game, this should be foremost restriction on every team, IMO.

2) I tend towards designed, but willing to got with oversighted random as well.
        Save the rainforests!
        Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

• Guys you need to talk to UnO about the self preservation issue BUT I would think that would go without saying. If they dont have self preservation in mind how can they continue to do and complete "contracts"? And if the can not continue to complete contracts then they have no point in existing? So I guess Im wondering why these questions have come up. And I would be willing to bet several cases of beer that UnO is NOT going to take some stupid contract like: "The Merc team promises to lose the game", or some such non sense.

But talk to UnO about it.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• 1. Unsure about mercenaries.

2. Definitely a review of the map by someone who knows their cottage from a horse rush is in order (have any of you played a human with horses when you have no metal handy?). I haven't asked them yet, but a combo of Aeson and Sirian could not be bettered, IMHO.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• what means the title in your sign?

I'm still looking for a team to join, but I can't decide. So, I'm reading each team's thread

Comment

• Mercs - what can we say while UnO is watching? Can anyone say how they got on in the C3CDG?

Maps -

Random with oversight, so long as the balancer is reputable...

Agreed. Don't let Panzer32 do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                  1. Unsure about mercenaries.

2. Definitely a review of the map by someone who knows their cottage from a horse rush is in order (have any of you played a human with horses when you have no metal handy?). I haven't asked them yet, but a combo of Aeson and Sirian could not be bettered, IMHO.
                  NYE someone already said somewhere they would get Sirian to take a look at the map so I think we are good to go.

And Cort ditto on Panzer
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by ormuzd
                    what means the title in your sign?

I'm still looking for a team to join, but I can't decide. So, I'm reading each team's thread
                    No one provokes me with impunity.
                    (motto of the kings of Scotland)
                    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                    Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                    Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                    Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• Yeah, and in this case 'Provocation' means being on the same map.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        Mercs - what can we say while UnO is watching?
                        pfft. Say what you want. It's your opinion.

Can anyone say how they got on in the C3CDG?
                        In the MZO demogame, we have 'got on' just fine.

We shared a continent with 3 other teams. All three of those teams have hired us at one point or another. Though, the first several contracts were under a different (and poorer, IMO) pricing plan than the revised one posted in our thread here. Those teams have all understood that we are not their enemy, just attacking because we have been payed to do so. Naturally, they've defended against our forces, but have not maintained a permanent war state with us after our contracts were over. That is left up to each team to decide how to respond to Team Merc, and we've been fortunate in the understanding so far.

We've traded techs evenly, and fairly.

We made a notable mistake and accidentally broke a contract, trading a tech to a team dispite an NTA, we contacted the effected team immediately, and made reparations. This dispite the fact that had we remained quiet the effected team would have likely never even known of our mistake, them not having contact with the team receiving the tech, and not in a position to make contact for some time.

The game is really not to a point where the other continents are really impacted by our pressence yet. Once we get Berserks though, who knows what people might want to hire...

As for 'self preservation'.

It's hard to imagine a team without self preservation. I find it comical anyone would even consider someone would think of such a team.

Look for Team Mercenary to:
                        Expand aggressively to open areas.
                        Strive to never break any deals with any team.
                        Offer military units for rent for an equal cost to all teams.
                        Seek a strong economy to support as many units as possible.
                        Keep ALL negotiations secret.
                        Divulge ALL completed contracts to the public. (once in game contact is made with all teams)
                        Offer a privacy fee to keep your team name out of said public statements.

Team Mercenary will not, however, engage in:
                        Attacking a neighbor unless we are either paid to, or they attacked us first.
                        Permanent alliances of any kind.
                        Knowingly break agreements/backstab. (mistakes can happen, we are human, in such cases reparations will be made.)

If that translate into winning, we won't complain. It's just not our primary goal, Win uber alles :

Not attacking for ourselves, to gain land, conquest and domination are off the table for victory conditions, for instance.

Cultural considerations are lower on priority. Another not likely victory condition.

Space Race? Maybe. Depends what's going on and how good business is at that point of the game. If we're selling troops/getting paid for launching ICBM's, we'ld rather do that. It's more fun.
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Thanks for posting that UnO.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

NYE someone already said somewhere they would get Sirian to take a look at the map so I think we are good to go.
                            Correction: I said that it would be a good idea to get Sirian to make a map. I did not ask him, nor did I ask him to check the map. And I agree, now that Aeson is also part of the admin team (or so it seems), he should get a look on it as well. Indeed, you can't beat that combination

DeepO

Comment

• I am willing to have a merc team in play

Hey Uno, the only question for me is about religon

None?
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• All?

Got me on the religion thing. That'll be a team decision when we start playing, as religion is basically strategy in this game.

For happiness reasons, I would think we would want some religion. Whether that means we found one or let someone/everyone spread it...:shrug:
                                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X