New Tech Tree Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tech Tree Twist

So the most recent twist on the tech tree issue is that my Finnish release (english language) version's is in SPANISH!!

Ask them to sent you one custom made... (in Finnish)
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

excellent. if you watch enough of telenovelas you should be able to deal with it.
      it seems that all UN official languages are in the game. you could have gotten chinese or arabic

Comment

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about it. Not too difficult to figure out what's what. Chinese or Arabic would have been a different story though! Just thought it was amusing.

Comment

So, has anyone actually got the tech tree in the correct language?
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yep, the tech tree for the german version is de facto in german
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I assume there is no finnish tech tree so mine is correctly in english
              So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Darn. Booooorgin. Me too. Got the spanish tech-tree poster.
                I ordered from CDWOW so I guess yours is from the same source as mine.

Comment

Pretty complicated árbol tecnologico ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                    Yep, the tech tree for the german version is de facto in german
                    Though interestingly, the list of technologies in the table below is alphabetized... in English. That is to say it was alphabetically sorted in English, then translated :-P I realized this because I was trying to figure out what order they were listed in, and since I'm actually playing the game in English, I noticed how the first thing on the list, "Landwirtschaft", is agriculture which of course would belong first... in English. So if you've got the German version, just translate to English before you search through the list to find the approximate position, then look for the German word :-/

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Orcrist

Though interestingly, the list of technologies in the table below is alphabetized... in English. That is to say it was alphabetically sorted in English, then translated :-P I realized this because I was trying to figure out what order they were listed in, and since I'm actually playing the game in English, I noticed how the first thing on the list, "Landwirtschaft", is agriculture which of course would belong first... in English. So if you've got the German version, just translate to English before you search through the list to find the approximate position, then look for the German word :-/

-Chris
                      Yep, same goes for all tables within the game manual.
                      Forces me always to translate the names (for example of unit types) into english and back to have a clues where they are listed within the table.
                      It still seems to be too expensive for the publisher to not only change the text to be printed into a certain language, but also set the order within tables accordingly.

Within the game (Civilipedia) all positions seem to bw correct according to their german names, but sadly all really useful tables, for example the list which has the strengths, MPs and costs for all units within the game, exist only as printouts.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                        Yep, same goes for all tables within the game manual.
                        Forces me always to translate the names (for example of unit types) into english and back to have a clues where they are listed within the table.
                        It still seems to be too expensive for the publisher to not only change the text to be printed into a certain language, but also set the order within tables accordingly.

Within the game (Civilipedia) all positions seem to bw correct according to their german names, but sadly all really useful tables, for example the list which has the strengths, MPs and costs for all units within the game, exist only as printouts.
                        Aaarrrggghhh! I just noticed that too after I had posted about the tech-tree. Damn, that is really annoying. I would actually be more than happy to get the printed stuff in English, since I play in English anyway: I'm an American living in Germany and I just couldn't wait for a mail-order from U.K. or the States... oh, well.

Comment

I emailed the Firaxis guys and got a nice reply that I could always use this 'get-a-new-english-tech-tree'-link:

Good luck. I hope I get mine before the summer. :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X