Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Availability Report

From ACS' CivIV section:

Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) visitors Peter "The Comedian" and Orin Thomas emailed the ACS http://apolyton.net/about/10/129/" TARGET="_new">News Department yesterday to report on Civilization IV`s availability in Australia. Both report November 3rd of this year as the game`s release date in the Oceanic country and continent. This date has yet to be confirmed by CivIV publisher 2K Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive, or developer Firaxis Games so far. Thomas http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...p?gameid=11081" TARGET="_new">provides specific reference to Games Warehouse (GW) that displays this date.

From GW, CivIV can be pre-ordered for $77.95AU which is an approximate 13% savings off of the suggested $89.95AU retail price.
    ----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; October 23, 2005, 12:36.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Sweet, I've been wondering about this. I thought I'd bump this thread so my fellow Australian civ fans could see this.

Comment

hey guys, you can also get it from here for $72.95

This website is for sale! cheapgames.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cheapgames.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

If you live in Sydney, Harvey Norman at Moore Park Supercentre reckons they will have it on 3rd November. I think EB (also at Supercentre) will also have it on 3/11/05.

BTW IIRC Harvey Norman was offering $10 off if you preorder. (I have no idea what their price will be)

Comment

Australia

November 6th or 8th in Australia. Any ideas on why you lot get it sooner?

Comment

The wait is a weight.
            The Sherrin Foundation
            Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

where did you hear the 6th or 8th?
              All the shops have been saying the 3rd,
              except for csw saying the 5th.

(and why did you start a new australia thread?)

Comment

what region are you in D Rob?
                The Sherrin Foundation

Comment

melbourne (ringwood)

Comment

just a bump so this thread goes ahead of the other australian thread! I don't like it, it says 6-8th, this one is much better.

Comment

Melbourne is a good town. I like the MCG for watching my South Melbourne Swans Wish I had been their for the Grand Final.
                      The Sherrin Foundation

Comment

Bloods were good.
                        Being there was good too!

(Swans are the family team, see if you can guess who my actual team is?)

Is the MCG one of the wonders in Civ4?

and Whatever happened to Scrapper82. Are his 6-8 claims rubish or does he have something to back it up with?

Comment

Edit: no longer needed
                          Last edited by Locutus; October 30, 2005, 11:15.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

from locutus in the other thread: "Please use this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...threadid=140323"

but this thread has no references to the MCG!

(and thats what I said back in post #3 of that thread, to use this thread). Still waiting to find out where the undesirable 6th to 8th dates came from. Might just ignore them and buy it on the third anyway.

Comment

I called EB last Friday and they advised that the release date is November 3rd. The bloke also advised to call 1 or 2 days before to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                              X