Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would also like an answer. I'm getting rather annoyed. It has been over a month. I have not even received a confirmation that they received my request for an english version of the tech tree.

It feels very much to me at this point like that website from which I ordered the correct version of the tech tree redirected my request to /dev/null.
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
    - T. S. Eliot

Comment

waiting for a response from 2K....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

word from 2K is that replacements will not only be in english but also have minor corrections over the in-the-box copy. they are currently being printed and will be mailed shortly

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          word from 2K is that replacements will not be in english but also have minor corrections over the in-the-box copy. they are currently being printed and will be mailed shortly
          ??????????

Or did you mean will "not only be"

Thx for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
            Or did you mean will "not only be"
            obviously

Comment

Thank you MarkG for looking into this. I also await mine.

I guess they want to make sure all the bad copies were sold before they bulk mail the replacements out.

I must have signed my request several times.

Though it would have been comforting in the wait, if a response was e-mailed to our web mail that it was received and would be mailed out after a time.

I expected four to six weeks, but was getting worried with no answer. There was some errors on the poster for v1.0. Even the patch 1.09 changed some things such as Castle Cost.

Glad for your sucessful inquiry.

Comment

Hi guys, im new here, but had to find someplace to vent my frustration.

Im a danish Civ4 player, and i wanted the Special Edition, so i ended up buying it from EB games, cost a little extra though for shipping, so ended up at 78$ for the game.
                Then came the taxes on the game from going though customs (always happen with UPS, gotta hate them), which put me at a nice 105$ total cost to get Civ4. But hell, love the Civ games, so worth it.

And then i open my box, and theres a french tech tree in the box. Whee, cant even start playing properly, after shelling out 105$. Oh well, i head over to the Civ4 website, and saw the info about the problem, and filled out the info to get a english tech tree sent to me. That was 2 weeks ago, have still not even gotten to try the game, been waiting for the tech tree.

So visited the page again today, to see if there was any updates about it, and i found one. Since i filled out the application for my tech tree, they added a "Offer open to residents of the US and Canada only." tag on the page. The page even still have a "Country" space to fill out your country, but guess thats not valid any more.

Anyone got any clue who i should try to get a hold of? Im seriously mad at Firaxis for giving me a french tech tree in the first place, then appearantly now changing their policy AFTER i filled out a request for a english, so i will not be able to get it. Im not gonna add ANOTHER 50$ on top of the 105$ already payed, to buy a version here in denmark to get a tech tree poster.

Comment

That was 2 weeks ago, have still not even gotten to try the game, been waiting for the tech tree.
                  Why exactly do you need a tech tree to try the game?

Comment

Why exactly do you need a tech tree to try the game?
                    not to simplify the issue but for real tech tree nice..

GAME PLAY NICER
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Exactly . Part of the Civ experience is looking at the tech tree and planning your way down to what you wish to get.
                      The ingame tree are way too cumbersome really, have to scroll back and forth if you wanna plan more than 2-3 moves ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

not to simplify the issue but for real tech tree nice..

GAME PLAY NICER

Yes... i know gameplay is nicer with a real tech tree. I've written english notes on my french 'tree to make things easier, but..... why can't (he) play the game without the tech tree?

Comment

Yes... i know gameplay is nicer with a real tech tree. I've written english notes on my french 'tree to make things easier, but..... why can't (he) play the game without the tech tree?
                          and what I was "trying to say" was

a tech tree is nice. PERIOD.

But actually playing the game is nicer (with or without the tech tree)

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

And I paid for the Deluxe Edition full price and expect a REAL poster in ENGLISH.

I believed them that they will be replaced, I could have sent it back for a refund/replacement but I put faith in them to send it out.

I collect special editions of all my favorite games. Ask why does a classic car collector want the original user manual that came with the classic car (inside the golvebox)...it fetched me another 200 dollars when I sold my pristine '69 Camaro about 10 years ago.

Comment

Still no English Tech Tree

It's December 13. Anyone received their English tech tree yet? I haven't.

It's a shame. Firaxis and Friends had an opportunity to do something right and follow through on what they said they'd do.

Adamcb

Comment

haven't received a tech tree, nor any verification that one will be sent.
                                In a minute there is time
                                For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
                                - T. S. Eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X