This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    When I was at Best Buy I saw this really fat guy, tall too, and I was all "oh, now there's a geek! That's not like me at all."

Then this hot blonde chick saw us (my coworkers and I) messsing with the video cameras and setting off the alarms hooked to them. She started flirting with me, she was really cute.... But, we asked her when Civ was coming out and she told us tomorrow. I was like "kewl, check ya later."

As I was leaving the really fat geeky guy was asking someone when Civ came out.

I am such a loser.
    worker bees don't flirt with drones.

they try to be helpful in their jobs.

Comment

Tommorrow accoring to Best Buy, EB Games, GameStop, and CompUSA. In other words, you can get it yet if you're located in Minnesota.

Comment

Availability

EB Games in Allentown, PA (Lehigh St.) told me it will be there tomorrow, and they get their shipments in by around midday

Comment

Phone transcript with EB Games (im paraphrasing )

me: Hello (from my cell phone)

EB Games (I think): ;dfbv[odfibvql;ejv oWUS'DHFV smNVLQJW;EBRGQA;WLJDBVLAJS, CAN I HELP YOU?

Me: (irritated because I couldn't make out the garbled and rushed introduction) Hello is this EB Games?

EB Games: Yes, may I help you?

Me: Im calling on my CIV IV preorder, I hear rumor it didn't ship till today

EB Games: That right it didn't ship till tomorrow, er I mean we will get it tomorrow.

Me: Ok great what time do you usually get your shipments?

EB Games: Early

Me; (Irritated again) Whats your definition of early, 10:00AM, 1200 Noon, what?

EB Games: Usually about 1000, buts its being shipped so we could get it anytime tomorrow but its usually early.

Me: OK Ill call you tomorrow morning.

"Click"
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Is that the bloomington EBm con? not suprised with that exchnage with those guys.

the eb near me in Indy says the same

Oh well, guess its one more night of the beta version.

Comment

WTH's wrong with that exchange- YOU were irritated. HE has to say that crap up front on the phone. And HE was polite to the end even though YOU were geek #10389432 for him to talk to that day.

You're lucky someone even answers the phone and it's not a recorded message like:

ALL GEEKS, please be alerted geek game x will ship x and arrive x MAYBE...

Comment

I called EB and Software etc at 2:50 pm PST and both said tomorrow. This is for the greater San Francisco area.

My pre-order is being shipped by UPS. So maybe tomorrow.

Comment

I called President Bush and asked when it will be available at stores in my area. I had to leave a message with his answering service. I'll bet I find the game on my own before he gets back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    Is that the bloomington EBm con? not suprised with that exchnage with those guys.

the eb near me in Indy says the same

Oh well, guess its one more night of the beta version.
                    Yep The Bloomington one
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
                      WTH's wrong with that exchange- YOU were irritated. HE has to say that crap up front on the phone. And HE was polite to the end even though YOU were geek #10389432 for him to talk to that day.

You're lucky someone even answers the phone and it's not a recorded message like:

ALL GEEKS, please be alerted geek game x will ship x and arrive x MAYBE...
                      Whats wrong with it is Im talking to a person whose profession is sales, and sales people are supposed to be good communicators, and this "Sales professional" was not.

I dont ask for a hell of a lot out of a computer sales person other than can you s p e a k c l e a r l y.

I dont care if this guy has to say whatever the heck it is, it is what he is paid to do, so do it properly. he is trying to earn MY money not the other way around.

Comment

Fry's in Dallas ran an add that they'd have it today after 4PM. Did not check it though.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Nashville area...

Best Buy...27th
                          Media Play-On the truck...probably tommorow
                          CompUSA...27th
                          Wal-Mart...Blank Stare
                          Target...Blank Stare
                          Gamestop...Tommorow at 10AM
                          ....see ya Gamestop for a late breakfast.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Good to know I'm not suffering alone! Called several local EBs in South Jersey and the answer is invariably:

"Tomorrow"
                            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Called a different EB in Vancouver BC after work. The guy was much more talkative.

2 versions and 2 release dates. Collecters was supposed to come in today. Regular version was supposed to come in tomorrow.

Hopefully one or both of them come in tomorrow. However there may be a one day delay at the border if things don't go well.

He said he stopped counting how many people called today about Civ4 around 100. Basically said I should come in early tomorrow and pre-order.

Comment

Somewhere in the world... it IS tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X