Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again, the rest of the world is left waiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Yeah, but it is still not available in the UK for some inexplicable reason...we don't need a damn translation
    It's officially released in Europe including the UK, but a lot of shops are behind the facts and don't seem to get it until sometime in the next week. Check with as many game shops as possible, I'm sure there are a few that already have it...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Every shop in the UK DOES already have the game but will not release it until Nov 4th. I've been told by countless shops that they have it in storage but can't sell it until Nov 4th. Are you seriously telling us that every shop in the country just forgot to release it.
      With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion - Steven Weinberg

Comment

That's really weird, it's been officially released, that order certainly isn't coming from 2K Games or Firaxis HQ... (Maybe 2K Games UK screwed up?)
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I can confirm Mansface experience exactly matches my own trying to buy it here in the UK
          "I like to play with things awhile.....before annihilation"

Comment

norway does not have it yet
            Kermit the frog

Comment

I think they did deside to only have a DVD version in europe as we tend to have a higher rating on our computers and DVD is standard issue in most Europeman countries (and have been for a while).

Offcourse the diferent language versions could be so large that they would have to use 3-4cd's if our version should come on cd's.
              Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

Talked to a couple of shops this weekend (bouth in sweeden and Norway). Non of them had the game but several of them said that even if they had they couldnt sell it before the 4th.
                Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

In the UK, the restrictions on releasability are normally due to advertisers and certain Gaming magazines insisting that ALL games should be released on a Friday.

Since no stocks were available in UK for 28th October 2005, the next available Friday is 4th November and, therefore, this IS the date that the game will get it's UK launch.

Comment

GAME had the boxes on the shelf (without the price stickers), so I assume that means that they do have the stock, but being British, they couldn't possibly start selling it earlier than Friday.
                    *sigh*

Comment

I had a young lad in Game in Stratford, *opening the door to the stock room to get my pre-ordered copy* yesterday evening before the manager stepped in and told him not to..... sooooooooo close!! Was the air blue? You betcha!
                      "I like to play with things awhile.....before annihilation"

Comment

Oh that level of control is silly, it's just a computer game after all. Well, it's just a computer game to them
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSalty
                          In the UK, the restrictions on releasability are normally due to advertisers and certain Gaming magazines insisting that ALL games should be released on a Friday.
                          Could somebody explain me the reason for this?

Today is the 4th, but there's still no sign of the game here
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                          X