Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again, the rest of the world is left waiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn00py
    Make the game downloadable worldwide simultanously.

Many problems solved.
    I don't think this is too practical for large gaming companies. They make their money with retail sales. Plus licensing controls are a little more difficult with downloadable games. You think you're saving money on CD's and packaging, but the support required for eLicense (for example) can be just as costly, time consuming, and ultimately very frustrating for the consumer.
    What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

What? The games out? Oh My God, yayayayayaya. Now when does it come here. Man. I hope EB rings me soon. Though after the second would be good, exam then, get it before then whatever study I woulda done would go out the window. Oh good lord. Exciting.

Comment

Ok just read on Gamesman that release over here for that store is 28th, so two days. Two anticipation filled days.

Comment

SMAC was released in Australia a good 5 days before the US....
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Re: Again, the rest of the world is left waiting...

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            Typical...as per Civ3 and many, many other games.
            You could try living someplace civilised.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Companies keep complaining about piracy, but it's their own fault. I know many people who just want the game ASAP, and if they can get the pirated version faster than buying in the stores, then they do that... A world wide release date would lower the number of pirated games
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Exactly...it is enough to make me start 'browsing'...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

*looks at subject line
                  *looks at threads reporting CIVIV out in Germany
                  on the same day as in the US

Oh well.
                  "Would you people please try to remember that I am EVIL !?"
                  - Spike

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

When is the 2CD version available over here? All i see is DVD versions on amazon and play. Play has it cheap but not cheap enough to buy a DVD drive.

/cheapskate
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Most of the european countries dont have a translated version of the game but uses english. So how come its so hard to print a dvd instead of a 2x cd?

Offcourse there could be problems for the publisher, but they shouldnt be to big. European law isnt to diferent so one version for all european countries is ok. (or so i think) Language support for 4 languages isnt to hard eighter as you dont make it afther the release but before the game goes gold.

Offcourse i dont have any hard evidence for this but i think the reason europe have more software piracy and especificaly scandinavia (with sweeden leading on) is because users are 'hight tech' and dont like the "second rate citizen" thinking of US companies.

The software company attitude seems to be: You arent worth the effort so waith a week or two and we will bring the game to you for a higher price.
                        Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

I've had semi-official confirmation the game is available in Europe today, as far as it wasn't already (at least in Germany it became available at the same time as the US). Of course, if you live in Serbia or Lithuania or something you may be out of luck -- but that shouldn't surprise you Naturally it depends on individual shops if they already have the game or not (e.g. in the US Walmart won't have it for another 2 weeks ). But if you shop around you should probably be able to find a copy somewhere.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Crap. Am i reading right therell be no 2CD version in Europe? Possibly because of multiple languages on the Euro version?
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeah, but it is still not available in the UK for some inexplicable reason...we don't need a damn translation
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Availability in Brazil?

Who knows? Who cares?

RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X