MULTIPLAYER (ver1.0): Hosted by tfs99 & DanS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

first I would like to say that the game must most deffinitely have something like simul mode in smac, nothing is better. that I have expereinced, than playing smac simul on 100 lan with as many players as possible

it is the reason I play smac multi instead of ctp or mge

------------------
    Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thought I would post it here, but there is a lot of overlap.

Do you guys think having an open source server/client would result in too much cheating?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

-=*MOVING THE THREAD UP*=-
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

In multi-player games with trustable players, I would like to have a option of allowing observers to the game.

Comment

PLAY BY HTML:
            I think the PBEM system could be drastically improved by offering a play by HTML version.
            Preferrably hostable on your own page, maybe on Fireaxis' page, the game would generate an html/javascript/cgi page that would allow you to have _one_ location for your save file, and people could check the web page, and take their turns asynchronously (same as real time play, just frozen at end of turn until every player completes).

It's really annoying playing the 'who's got the save file' game.

If it's not clear, I can explain the implementation in more detail.

~mindlace

Comment

-=*MOVING THREAD UP*=-
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

-=*MOVING THREAD UP*=-

Comment

idea:

An option share wonders with all allies in a multiplayer game.

Comment

-=*MOVING THREAD UP*=-

Comment

Hotseat: VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE!!!

and you should be able to play mixing players on hotseat/Lan/internet

Like 2 players on one computer and 3 on another, the two connected via internet or LAN

Comment

--++== BUMP ==++--
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

*BUMP* even though the last comment was on June 25th.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Hi all

err, I'll make a comment

the number of people who are allowed in multiplayer should just depend on the ammount of people who want to play

if I have a good lan and 30 civ players (and 20 hours, ok this is a fantasy) I should be able to play one huge civ3 game!!!!

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Multiplaying like in Alpha Centauri would be great. But with improved Chat-functions and more stability while playing with more people.

Comment

Multiplaying like in Alpha Centauri would be great. But with improved Chat-functions and stability while playing with more people.

Comment

Working...
                                X