This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hurricane

I don't agree with the addition of multiple random natural disasters,but to keep those of you that love natural disasters happy how about this idea.

The Hurricane
    This disaster starts randomly at sea. It roams around randomly at 4 squares per turn. If it should move into a square occupied by any vessel, well kiss that baby good bye, it's a gonner. It only reveals itself to you if you are within a 3 square radius. The huricane continues to terrorize the seas until it hits a land square, when it breaks up and dissappears. The rules for the landfall are as follows;
    1)Level 1 City- totally destroyed.
    2)Level 2 City- lose one population.
    3)Level 3 City and up- lose one population and one ciy improvement, if no city improvement present you lose two population.
    4)Any other square- regardless of what was there, is unuseable for 10 turns, then comes back into play as a plains square on the 11th turn after landfall
    N.B. The Hurricane can not make landfall on a tundra, glacier or mountain square.

Well what do you think ? Anyone care to refine this proposed addition to CivIII .

I find it disturbing there are more and more topics started here that belong in Civ3 - General/Suggestions.
    If you have a proposal that fits in one of the available threads, post it there.
    If it doesn't fit, post it in Miscellaneous, but do NOT start a new topic.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by M@ni@c (edited August 18, 1999).]</font>
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm sorry I bothered to take the time to write anything. I will not be so forth coming in the future,if the net result is a visit from the thread police.

Comment

But you have more than enough already existing threads to choose from. Is it so hard to post it there?
        IMHO the Civ3 forums are for this use :

Civ3 - General/Suggestions :
        You want to make a proposal to the public to see if they like it and then post it on an official thread.
        Civ3 - The List of Ideas for Firaxis :
        You want to make an official post in an official thread. I think in this forum there shouldn't be any threads except those to come in the list.
        Civ3 - Summary of/About The List :
        The summary. Eg that discussion about borders totally doesn't belong there.

M@ni@c
        Recently assigned thread police officer

Comment

Gotcha, Constable M@ni@c. I'll go back to the lawless rabble in the OT, thanks.

Comment

Sigh...

Comment

Touchy, touchy
              The establishment of a Hebrew government and the implementation of its plans - this is the sole way of rescuing our people, salvaging our existence and our honor. We will follow this path, for there is no other. We will fight! Every Jew in our homeland will fight!

Comment

Working...
              X