Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention those civilisations that don't have famous scientists of their own.

Comment

Harel: "Are you, octopus so sure of BR and SM ability to find the good ideas? I am not saying the lack the ability, I do say they wont even read the list to know. Give a busy man SnowFire current list. You really think BR will start reading all 150+ sections, thinking about them, talking with the other guys about them... using them? Really? Cause I can't. They will brush thier eyes on it and press delete."

I fully expect that Firaxis cares about the input of its fans. Civ III is a major untertaking. It will be one to two years of full time effort from an entire programming team. This is not just a hobby to them like it is to us, it is what they do for a living. I've had time to actually read all of the posts and compile them into the various summaries that I have posted, and I'm just an interested fan doing this in my spare time. I'm sure that people like Brian and the rest of the team who have a vested interest in making a game will be able to spare enough time and energy to read over an already abbreviated list like this one.
      "Can you debate an issue without distorting my statements and the english language?"
      -- berzerker, August 12, 1999 04:17 AM, EDT, in Libertarianism and Coercion

Comment

That, and Brian asked for this list to be compiled, and did a similar thing for CivII (the Civilisation Suggestions FAQ). Which was a similar exercise to this, with the exception that it wasn't compiled in two weeks.

Snowfire's/Octo's current summary probably isn't the best ever, but to date this is merely a summary of all the points so far. And it does have the advantage that each point can be read quickly and understood (something I should probably look into). And these long compilations of ideas are exactly what Brian requested.

Methinks you either have a severe bout of corporate cynicism, or else have argued yourself into a corner and can't find anywhere else to go.

Comment

Well, Shining, maybe both
          Anyho, I don't FEEL cornered. I stay firm beyond my idea that we need to make a fixed model. You might not agree with me, but it doesn't mean my idea is bad, or I should feel "trapped" cause I am "fool hardy to think such a thing".
          Nor do I do this to get my ideas past: even if the suggested model will differ from my wishes, I still belive it's a better route.
          I, for myself know that I get tired reading the current list of changes. I belive you are both giving Firaxis a bit more then they an spare: they got a game to make, and not that much time to chit-chat with people from the internet. Besides, I am sure that people all-over the net are e-mailing them, making forums like this one ( but much smaller )... don't you think they will be flooded? I mean, the internet is much more estiblished now then when civ II came up. A lot more people are thinking, chatting and suggesting. Even with all the good intentions in the world, they are probaly swamped now, before they even started thinking about the basical algorithem...
          Now, I don't have any thing bad to say about Firaxis. I think thier attention to people about SMAC is marvelous. I do know for certian that the response for CIV III are histerical, wider then you can think. I just fear will not give our fair share of the meat ( time ), and so I thought that a good model with a wide-area support for many people on the biggest CIV III forum on the net could shake much more then we can do this normaly. I still think that's true.
          However, I respect your thought shining, that we should not take any special decision, and that our job is just to suggest ideas and let Firaxis do the job. Thats has it pointers, without a doubt.

Oh hell, I do get carried away... I been meaning to post my suggested tech tree, but I got side-tracked everytime . Oh well, maybe later.
          "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find a CivII tech tree online? I was going to do a summary for prereq points, but I can't find my poster anywhere . . .

Harel: The point isn't to try to give BR suggestions that will be implemented just so that we can get something implemented, it's to give him good suggestions that will improve the game if they are used. Sending a single system and excluding all else defeats the point if BR doesn't happen to like that one idea.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Okay, this thread is now officially closed. Continue on in Tech 1.6.

--------THREAD CLOSED-----------
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
              X