No announcement yet.

Spaceship to AC victory- hardest route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if you have domination (66% of world IIRC) and conquest victories enabled. Wouldn't the domination victory occur long before you captured the last enemy city? Wonder how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
      What if you have domination (66% of world IIRC) and conquest victories enabled. Wouldn't the domination victory occur long before you captured the last enemy city? Wonder how that works.
      I think not if less than 66% of the world are colonized by all civilizations. So you can capture all the enemy cities and win by conquest.
      Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by zeh

I think not if less than 66% of the world are colonized by all civilizations. So you can capture all the enemy cities and win by conquest.
        What if thats not the case?

Comment

I think the space race does seem much more challenging than before. It might be a reason why victory comes when you launch the ship not land it.

The space race seems like the hardest. Not just you have to complete all the components which requires a solid industrial backbone, but your opponents will undoubtly try to interfer. They are not just going to sit back and let you build every component. So, you will have to build all 10 components, while fending off attacks, preventing sabotage, etc. It won't be easy!
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I know I've read somewhere you can turn the domination victory off. Just too lazy to look...
            "Yo! Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen" - Hudson, 'Aliens'

"Well ramblers, lets get ramblin'" - Joe, 'Reservoir Dogs'

Comment

I think the hardest is the UN victory, followed by the cultural victory. The spaceship victory will come next... and following these will be others...

UN will be hard because there is no guarantee that you can secure the vote. THe problem here is that the decision is not in your hands.

From the developer's comments, cultural seems hard too. The total figures of culture that you need are supposed to be very high. If this is indeed true, then this might be very diffcult. The good thing here is that the final outcome is in your hands: you decide whether you were successful in hitting the required cultural values.

Following the above two is the spaceship victory IMO. This is obviously hard because of the high # of prerequisites and the resources required.

KoalaBear33

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

To bounce off the disco ball, of course!
                I was afraid of that

I know that in the game setup screen, you can choose which victories you wish to enable and disable. But I never decide how I win before I play (but I mostly went AC).
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I believe that the diplomatic victory is like SMAC's. Everone is in the UN, but you can only win the game if you are elected leader AND have 25% of the world.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by BLackraven42
                    I'm guessing diplomatic will be the hardest because you have to make people really like you. And there's always that one leader...
                    Always that one leader what? That one leader you nuke into oblivion because he dared to disobey you?

I will try UN victory but I have a feeling I will be too impatient to get it many times...
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I figure you could just turn off domination and start wiping the floor with the other civs. Then save the game after you think you've got the domination victory beat, finish mopping up and win by conquest. Then enable domination, reload, and win by domination. Two for the price of one...

Course, I reckon I'll just try to beat a different game with each victory condition. And the way things are looking, conquest isn't gonna be the cakewalk it used to. But I guess we'll see...
                      "Yo! Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen" - Hudson, 'Aliens'

"Well ramblers, lets get ramblin'" - Joe, 'Reservoir Dogs'

Comment

The AI has so many ways to win.

I can just see this happening

Advisor "Sir, next turn, our UNITY will be complete"
                        Later in that turn while the AI is moving
                        "Babylon has amassed 20 000 Culture"

Game Over
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                          The AI has so many ways to win.

I can just see this happening

Advisor "Sir, next turn, our UNITY will be complete"
                          Later in that turn while the AI is moving
                          "Babylon has amassed 20 000 Culture"

Game Over
                          No s**t!!!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I wonder if Space Race structure's will be considered as "Offical Wonders". If I recall correctly, I believe that is possible to buy structure's and units that are not Wonders.

Well, you'd still need to stockpile a shnp load of cash....

Comment

Originally posted by CygnusZ
                              I wonder if Space Race structure's will be considered as "Offical Wonders". If I recall correctly, I believe that is possible to buy structure's and units that are not Wonders.

Well, you'd still need to stockpile a shnp load of cash....
                              Hey, that strategy worked fine for America's space-race. I might add that they were losing the space race before they devoted heaps of cash to it
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Hey, that strategy worked fine for America's space-race. I might add that they were losing the space race before they devoted heaps of cash to it
                                Oh c'mon... America also won the Space Race because it has a fine scientific backbone. After all, you can't buy science improvements .

Remember when America put those two innocent people to death because they "stole" Nuclear secrets? Americans just... could *NOT* believe Russian's could figure it out on their own (Hehe, Jewish Scapegoats at that). I wonder if Russia had similar punishment when America achieved Space Flight.

Comment

Working...
                                X