Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Heroic Epic worth it? (vs useful early wonders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't tend to make the heroic epic. So much other stuff to do.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I can usually make room for it, even if not promptly...200 shields is SOOO good
      It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
      She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Yep. Kill 'em all with armies.
        Generally more leaders allowing you to centralise your new found empire.

Comment

Let me ask this, an application called DES is a Civ combat calculator and has a box for HE? When I check it for the attacker its win rate goes up, why?

I do not see anything in the editor for C3C that would impart and bonus to the combat.

If it does make the chances of a victory higher, then that is enough reason to build it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty You can never have too many armies.
            Unfortunately, there's a limit

/me dreams of the day when all cities will be free to have 4x vet MI armies with the MA bonus

Comment

That limit hurts!
              it means no army in an OCC game, even you get a MGL.
              You can imagine what I was doing when discovered that.

Comment

What changed in C3C that makes it necessary to have armies? In PTW you can easily rush the board without any.

Comment

Its not that you have to have them, they are just more worthwhile now. They have increased AD bonuses, can blitz, auto pillage, and I think a few other nice things now.

Comment

I've yet to hit the limit, so I'm ok with the limit

But then, I never gave the OCC a serious go, so then I would say that

Comment

Isn't the standard limit 1 army per 4 cities?

If you want to make an army in an occ game you would have to push the definition of occ a bit. Maybe build(or capture) 3 more cities in a hurry, build your army, then disband your new small cities...
                      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

It is
                        Plus, when I thought of giving it (OCC) a go, the Germans wanted to be pains - on CHIEFTAIN!
                        It kinda lost it's fun after that

Comment

Working...
                        X