• Show
Clear All

Oops....
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Can you say..... EXPLOIT.

Stuff like this just rubs me the wrong way. The AI could never keep up with human exploits like this. They should not allow the capital city to be disbanded. Period.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Sooo.... that's a pretty strong vote against this being a Must Read.

I have to say, I've never really done this kind of Palace jump (I just use GLs), so I am ambivalent. The technical details, however, are quite deserving.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yeah, I would never do this by hand either. either build outright or GL for me as well.

Now in a human game, it would be fair game. Frankly doing this against the AI is a bit of overkill I would say. But figuring out the formula does appeal to a problem solving personality.

Wonder if this formula will have to be revised in Conquests.

Comment

Its possible, the RCP system is out in Conquests so they have may have tinkered with the Palace Jump calculation as well.

Not that thats bad, it kinda makes you have to rethink all you strategy and makes the game more interesting.

Comment

Thanks for this bump - am just about to try it!

I am the Romans. I started on a long thin area of continent, and have just conquered the Carthaginians North of me, who had more of a circular area of very good land. I want to put the FP/Palace smack in the middle of their lands, but they are of course hopelessly corrupt and I did nopt get a single GL from 23 Elite Legion victories against them! The Egyptians are right there, but their military is Average to mine, and I have not yet fully re-establsihed my scattered army. Besides, I see a lot of their huge land area is tundra, so I can edge them out Industrially etc if I can only get a FP/Palace in Carthage's lands. So, I am going to try this out.

Will let you know hoe it goes. Am about to depopulate my Palace core and build Aqueducts in the flood plain rich Carthaginian homelands.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Probably it would be better to jump the palace into the old carthage lands.

Dominae said yesterday at ISDG that the FP doesn't work like the palace ofr corruption.

Not sure how it works but it sounds like having your palace up in old carthage is the way to go.

Now Im wondering how the FP works?

But that should be another thread.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Very interesting, but I do have 1 question about this, would it be possible for the palace to jump to the city with the FP? I'd really hate to have to decrease pop in my FP or drastically increase pop in the city I want my new capial in.
                  badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                    Very interesting, but I do have 1 question about this, would it be possible for the palace to jump to the city with the FP? I'd really hate to have to decrease pop in my FP or drastically increase pop in the city I want my new capial in.
                    I am pretty sure that it won't jump to the FP city.

Comment

Sure it's possible. I've had it happen (appropriately enough, when DaveMcW himself razed my capital in a PBEM! )

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                        Quite often, that seems to be the computer's favorite choice for the new palace location.

Comment

Thanks alexman. Good to know.
                          badams

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                            Sure it's possible. I've had it happen (appropriately enough, when DaveMcW himself razed my capital in a PBEM! )
                            In retrospect, my answer was horribly off.

I mean, what happens if you only have two cities?

sigh, should think that through more logically.......

Comment

Working...
                            X