Pentagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon

Is there any prereq techs for the Pentagon?? Or you just need a certain number of Armies. Let's say in the ancient age if you manage to get 3-4 Armies with GL's can you build the Pentagon then?

thx

I believe you can. No tech required, AFAIK.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

3 Armies, and MT (I believe).
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yup that will do it, funny that all the warmongers are responding.

Comment

Most small wonders don't require any tech besides the Military Academy (military tradition) and Intelligence Agency (espionage)

I also mod the Manhattan Project to be a small wonder (so everyone has to build it).
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            Yup that will do it, funny that all the warmongers are responding.
            Well, seeing a thread called "Pentagon" we are drawn like bees to honey

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

MZ,

Unless I'm remembering wrong or they changed in in PTW, and both are highly plausible, I believe most SWs require some tech either directly or indirectly except for the FP. Wall street requires 5 banks + economics. No economics, no wall street. Pentagon requires 3 armies + military tradition, no MT, no pentagon. The nuclear defense small wonder, can't remember what it's called, requires 5 sam sites + strategic defense. No strategic defense, no star wars.

And indirectly or maybe directly I don't know, battlefield medicine requires sanitation and iron works requires steam engine. Without knowing where coal exists, how can you build iron works . And though I've seen the message from the advisor "maybe we should build battlefield medicine" without having sanitation, I don't know if it can be built without having the tech.
              badams

Comment

Maybe the advisor is on some "other kind" of medicine.

Anybody ever played the game high enough till Strat Defense? Usually I get bored and finished Industrial or early modern age...

Comment

I have, but only if I haven't won by then or I'm milking the score.
                  badams

Comment

badams52,

I was referring to the fact that it's not like you can build most swonders once you get a certain tech but rather have to do something (usually build a certain # of improvements). Of course, as you say, all swonders need a technology whether directly or indirectly.

Comment

The Pentagon can definitely be built in the ancient era.
                      I thought the Heroic Epic used to require literature but I know it hasn't recently.
                      I looked in the editor and Wall Street is not down as requiring economics in 1.29f as well as PTW. badams52 if your advisor is telling you you can build Battlefield Medicine then you ought to be able to.
                      I've found out that one third on the ancient era trade value of Iron is due to the Iron Works so making that require Steam Power would make a difference even though it cannot be built until it's discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by minke19104
                        Maybe the advisor is on some "other kind" of medicine.

Anybody ever played the game high enough till Strat Defense? Usually I get bored and finished Industrial or early modern age...
                        You want to get to the SDI stage, no sweat. Huge map, only win is conquest. You will most likely play till 2050 unless you are very aggressive. It just is too hard to bust all of those cities. You could of course play on after the game has offically ended on any game until you finished all tech.

Comment

Having SDI is great fun, especially when someone's nukes are ALL intercepted.
                          Happened to me once, but all the other times it was never actually used. I often get that far because I need Integrated Defense to be able to complete the Spaceship in my mod.

Comment

In AU206 I'm getting so many Great Leaders that I've gotten used to transforming them into Armies. I was quite surprised to see that I could build the Pentagon so early (before Theology).

You do not need Military Tradition to build it, by the way. I ended up not researching MT just to get out of the Medieval age faster, and I've almost completed the Pentagon.

Dominae
                            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

* Adjusting his glasses and actually looking it up in Prima's Official(ly bad) Strategy Guide for a change...

Ah, I see now, it goes like this:

Apollo Program: Spaceflight, aluminum
                              Battlefield Medicine: 5 hospitals
                              Forbidden Palace: 8 cities (though doesn't it change with map size?)
                              Heroic Epic: Army victory
                              Intelligence Agency: Espionage
                              Iron Works: Coal and Iron in city radius
                              Military Academy: Military Tradition; 5 Barracks (doesn't this need an army victory as well? I always thought it did.)
                              The Pentagon: 3 armies in the field
                              Strategic Missile Defense: Integrated Defense; 5 SAM Missile Batteries (Isn't SAM Missile reduntant? )
                              Wall Street: 5 banks.

MZ: Ah, it was the "any tech" that threw me.

Nor Me: Is wasn't I who had it but Olaf who didn't have sanitation in his AU206 game but could build battlefield medicine.
                              badams

Comment

Working...
                              X