Formula for city tile shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula for city tile shields

I decided to test what affects city tile shield production, to figure out why some city centers produce more shields than others. Here's what I found.

Shields from unimproved terrain
    +Shields from bonus resources
    +1 if city size >= 7
    +1 if industrious and size >= 7
    +1 if city size >= 13
    +1 if shields==0 so far
    +1 if in golden age/mobilization

The interesting part is you only get the 0-shield-terrain bonus if the city is size 6 or less. Building on shielded grassland is not any worse than building on regular grassland after you reach size 7!

Re: Formula for city tile shields

Originally posted by DaveMcW
    +1 if industrious and size >= 7
    I only get this in size >= 13.
    That's in PTW 1.14f. I heard a rumour that this is new in PTW though.

Comment

I thought it was both +1 in > 6 and +1 > 12 for Industrious. That's what the Industrious trait makes it sound like...

Dominae
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

The Industrious bonus was pushed back to Metros in PTW.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

So Dave, I'm being lazy here...with this information what is the best terrain to found a city on according to shields?
          badams

Comment

I believe founding a city on a hill with coal would give your best city-tile shields, especially if you're industrious and it grows into a metro.

But, it's often a crapshoot, as most of us are long done building once we find coal, heh. Though I've been known to dismantle cities and build a new iron works town, heh.

Comment

Is there any rule for the food in the city tile? Or the city gets 2 Food always from the tile, where the city itself is?

I made a few tests. If there is a food-bonus (Cattle or Wheat) on the tile, the city doesn't benefits from that. It still shows only 2 food on that tile.

Please help! Thanx

-- cumi --

Comment

Bluefrog,

yeah, hills with coal, but take out all resources excluding luxuries (since we usually don't get to see them till after REXing) and what are we left with? hills? grasslands + shield?
                badams

Comment

Cumi,

food on the city tile is always 2 unless in a golden age (I think).
                  badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                    unless in a golden age (I think).
                    ?

Does anyone know what the Palace commerce bonus is (or whether it exists)? I've seen 0-3 and odd things like the tiles in the city window showing different commerce than the total below (without other improvements obviously).

Comment

What's about the french in PTW?
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                      X