No announcement yet.

Emperor Level--It's driving me nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it took five or six attempts, but I finally received my first Emporer victory. Thanks for all the tips and I welcome the new challenge at this level.

It was a small and interesting map in that there was only one source of oil, which I did not procure from Carthage until a massive battle of Inf/Art stacks vs. his Mech Infs and Tanks.

I could have gone for the Spaceship Victory, but in the immortal words of Jack Burton, said, "What the hell..." and sent a few boats over to the otherwise left-alone Japanese. Modern Armor vs. Infantry + Stealth Bombers/Fighters vs. Ironclads = Great Fun (remember, only one source of oil). Domination in 1944.
    "One riot; one ranger."
    --A motto of the Texas Rangers

Comment

Congratulations!

Modern Armour is very powerful. (perhaps too much?)
      If the AI can't produce it, he is sure to suffer great losses...
      And we humans can win.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

It's all in the reflexes.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          I'll go back to C&C and make mine better then

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            Ahh, the BTLC threadjack. I love it and will participate:

All right. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. If I'm not back by dawn... Call the president.
            "One riot; one ranger."

Comment

Good-bye Mr.Burton... *throws knife*

Comment

Originally posted by laissez-faire
                Ahh, the BTLC threadjack.
                You started it!!

The wings of liberty... may they never lose a feather.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Looking at the map: Eeek! You have very long borders with everyone; this is realtively difficult to properly defend pre-rail.

I would sugest taking out a couple of empires, particlarly those that you've already been at war with just to reduce the size of your border and if this trigures a Domination victory, so be it.

Originally posted by laissez-faire

Soon, the map looked like this:
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

This thread should give you a hand in dealing with early wars. As far as tech goes, the first 2 techs you can set science at 10%, and buy other techs as NEEDED, not as available, so the price goes down. Monotheism is good for trades, alliances etc. Research Theology, you can usually trade it, and you can ALWAYS get Printing Press if you research it first. About 1 game in 4, I avoid Chivalry and build Horsemen, to be upgraded to Calalry.

Comment

Hum, very first tech often needs to start at 20% just to get the 1 beaker, but can drop to 10% when 1 city is done dropping below 3.

By the 5th tech, it may be better to drop to 0% and hire a scientist from a corrupt city if you haven't applied the Scientist requires Education mod that I have just to give the AI a chance.
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                        Looking at the map: Eeek! You have very long borders with everyone; this is realtively difficult to properly defend pre-rail.
                        Thanks for the tip. Border management is something I definitely need to work on. There must be a balance between minimizing your borders with opposing civs and successfully carrying out Thesus' oscillating wars strategy.

Your comment raises a question I've had recently: Pre-Rail - If you are preparing a heavy invasion of your eastern neighbor when all of a sudden your western neighbor deems it an opportune time to force his culture upon you, should you shift your amassed forces trans-continent to fend him off? Or should you eke out a defense against him with what you already have on the western front with hopes to end the war quickly so that you can continue with your original plan of eastward expansion?
                        "One riot; one ranger."

Comment

Pre-rail, when in the middle of the map, you should always sign Military Alliances with everybody against the current target as soon as the war breaks out.

If you feel you need help, include RoP to speed their journey, if not leave it out, but ignore the units crossing your territory headed their way on your behalf. The main reason for these MA is to lock them into the conflict on your side, NOT to have them actually take your oppoenents cities.

The best way to fight a pre-rail two-front war is simply NOT to fight one, but instead set up and take down a rouge state one by one until your down to one front.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                          X