No announcement yet.

Seeking advice (PBEM strategy q's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut his luxuries! All of them! You can explore later while he struggles to keep his citizens happy.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Stuie,

I could probably cut some or all of his gems. I cannot cut his wines w/o conquering him (they are arranged around Thebes). His cities are smaller than mine, and thus do not have the happiness issues mine do.

But I still might do it, as spearmen marching through his mountains are largely invulnerable to attack and will explore better than the galley. The galley shall be recalled and loaded.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Nice job Arrian, I wonder why he would come at that size 7 city with out bombarment units? I guess he had no idea how many units you had on hand, otherwise it was hopeless.

Comment

A size 6 city would still have a city wall for the same defense bonus. Arrian was just bragging about how he saved 10 shields.

A smart defender will have fortified + wall + terrain bonus for close to double defense strength in every city. It's not a good idea to attack in MP until you have overwhelming force.

Comment

True, but you can not know if they have a wall or not (if size 6), but you do know what size 7 means.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              True, but you can not know if they have a wall or not (if size 6), but you do know what size 7 means.
              You can't know if they have a wall or not ... unless you look at the graphics on the screen which show city which cities have city walls.

Comment

I feel Tom's pain. That's usually when I get up for a beer.

What is the defense bonus received if defending from across a river?
                "One riot; one ranger."
                --A motto of the Texas Rangers

Comment

Crossing a river: 25%
                  Up a hill: 50%
                  Walls/Size 7+: 50%
                  Size 13+: 100%

Tom conceded. My gf didn't object much given her isolated starting spot (though she was vaguely annoyed since she finally got a galley over to make contact with us).

You shoulda seen the huge dent in the powergraph in 490bc.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                  X