No announcement yet.

Ducki went Regent... How'm I doin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anone that hasn't seen it, I started a Monarch game and have a new thread up. I haven't updated it since my last session, but it's still pretty recent, and anyone that wants to pitch in from the peanut gallery, feel free.

PtW seems much harder, coupled with the jump to Monarch and I am just barely keeping up. Or rather, just barely keeping a little behind.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

• A free aqueduct is just too strong. You have the chance to get over pop 6 before you would have had the tech, let alone build it.
      I understand the real world parallel, but it just seems very powerful.
      ducki, I do not worry about happiness, you can always do something to cope. I will take the trade for a free size 12 with the headache of management of moods.

Comment

• Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll take the free aqueduct and easy growth any time it's even remotely possible, too. Often "messing up" my "desired placement" plan.

That was just a warning to people that tend to leave cities ungarrisoned that the lack of an artificial cap at 6 pop means you could potentially run into Civil Disorder if you don't stay on top of things.

Besides, if you've hit pop 6, surely you can crank out a warrior or horseman really fast to make someone content, no? Odds are you're still in despotism at that point anyway, so the military police thing is still valid.

And now that warriors can upgrade all the way to guerrila(sp?), it's not such a burden to have a zillion of them, aside from unit upkeep. I love Medieval Infantry, btw, I just wish they kept up with my Knights. Of course, I generally have a few MedInf following my army around to play Garrison Duty until the Pikeman guards I'm working on in my production centers show up to take over.

Anyway, yes, if at all possible, found a city on a river, even if it is "non-optimal" placement. The free aqueduct is worth more than a few wasted or overlapped tiles, especially in the early game.
        "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Working...
        X