Warless Deity Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warless Deity Win

This thread is directed toward Txurce, I think, but I anyone is free, obviosuly, to discuss peaceful deity strategy. I said about a month ago that I would post my deity win after I moved and got the internet. Being lazy, it has taken me this long to get the internet. As a side effect, I still can't find my Civ3 CD, so I'm going to be posting the saves for this game blind. I can't be sure that this even is the game, but my saves are labelled pretty well and I will try to post them in order. Any problems/questions with the saves (ie. one isn't the same game, or, god forbid, the whole series is completelky wrong) may be posted here.

Here's the first save:
    Attached Files
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Incidentally, I played a small world, all enemies, archipelago, and thus ended up with a world with a couple straggly continents. I am the Egyptians. Temperature, etc., is random and I don't remember which of those it seemed to be.

Save 2:
    Attached Files
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

I believe my enemies were the Iroquois, Persians, Indians and a couple other guys I can't remember. I played this game out a couple months ago so it's 1.21, as well.

3:
      Attached Files

Comment

4:
        Attached Files

Comment

5:
          Attached Files

Comment

I've come to believe that the ToE is the most important wonder for this type of game. I was wondering if anyone else has made any similar observations.

6:
            Attached Files

Comment

7:
              Attached Files

Comment

8:
                Attached Files

Comment

I imagine that shortly into this save you will be asked if you'd like to hold an election and then to vote. Vote for yourself and, subsequently, you will win. BTW, it is quite possible to win this style of game without the UN or a diplomatic win. I've won other games like this (which are far less, uh, 'well-documented') with both culture and spaceship wins. I think even a domination win might be possible, though it's hard to get AI cities to flip on deity.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't know where this fits in.

10:
                    Attached Files

Comment

bump

Comment

Hmm, I think I know why I don't play deity. Your games are very impressive but I hate not being the major power :P .
                        "Cogito Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes, French Mathematician

Comment

Hmm, that's odd because I hate being the major power. Controlling the whole game is kinda boring, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                            Hmm, that's odd because I hate being the major power. Controlling the whole game is kinda boring, IMO.

BTW, absolutely amazing. I can win with only one war, but with none is...
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Yeah, it's true, it is boring. That's why I usually restart at the beginning of the industrial times . I thin I should better say, I don't like being the major power, but I love becoming the major power and building all the wonders.
                              "Cogito Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes, French Mathematician

Comment

Working...
                              X