No announcement yet.

How often does the UN convene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In french, "On se voit en quinze jour (literally We will see each other in 15 days) means we will ee each other in 2 weeks
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
      ... One of those off by zero errors that happen in programming so much.
      ( Off By One Bug (OBOB) )

Comment

Aye, that Jaybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia In french, "On se voit en quinze jour . . .
          I'm bad in French, even if it should be my second language, but that sould be "quinze jours"
          Don't forget that French is the second language you learn in school in Flanders, English is just a third (German or Spanish the fourth). I'm very positive that 'quizaine' is more used then the 'quinze jours', at least in the French speaking part of Belgium it is.

And please don't mock the OBOB, programming language providers just want to have these mistakes, there is not one language out there that is purely 1-based, or 0-based. Or at least I don't know one (but again, this is not my thread, I could be corrected in 15 minutes time )

DeepO

Comment

Right, I forgot the s after jour. DOH typo.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I could just imagine the general assembly of the UN engaged in a heated argument about the timing issues over how long 10 years really is.

I wonder how long it would take before the security council would veto it?

Comment

Sorry, Lawrence, it was not my intention to start nit picking. If somebody is terrible with typos, it is me.
                I came from a concert last night, so I can't be held repsonsible for all my actions
                But still, I think that quinzaine is more used then quinze jours...

DeepO

Comment

Hey dont worry about it. I just finished my game and won by spaceship. It was really close. I was behind in techs, so I started a world war between the two tech giants, Egypte and Iroquois. Everyone joined in, and that slowed down the tech rate of everyone. Then I saw that Egypte had the Laser, so I made peace, and stole it from them and built the planetary lounge in one turn. Then when I knew I was going to win, I sold the tech to everyone else and I got miniturization and stealth. Final score was a little more than 3800.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    In french, "On se voit en quinze jour (literally We will see each other in 15 days) means we will ee each other in 2 weeks
                    France French anyway.... in Quebec French, it is... "je vais te voir en deux semaine" simple that way :P

-Mellian

Comment

french candian is a funny language. Its french, but its pronounced differently. I had a friend who was canadian and when he started talking fast and using slang, I didnt know what he was saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X