No announcement yet.

Chexz th33z savez, I iz 1337 deit33 b33ter givinz outz tipz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice start, until you find out how close they are... I'm not used to deity... it sucks.

Any help here? What do the AI civs start with on deity?
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

X-posted with you, Aeson.

I'm getting promotions, although I can't comment on the 2x win promotes in one turn issue. Actually, I have sort of the opposite problem, as most of my Legions are elite, and I can't get a GL.

It's sort of a fun little map (I'm still in the very early game, but I said that on purpose... /Howard Cosell voice/ Tiiny pangaaaea, viewers, is NOOT, I reepeat, NOT, Naational League Football /end voice).
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

I guess my game is just bugged then, not a single promotion, even in circumstances where there would have to be one. My appologies for insinuating it was a mod.

Comment

It has a very good starting position and a weak neighbor civ, that is all what's needed for a nice pangaea game on Deity. I didn't see any unusual rules so far, even what concerns promotions. True, I have seen a vet legion losing its attack on a regular archer in the forest, but that's the usual die roll issue. I have a good amount of elite Legions. No leader so far, though.

But I can't play for a while now. We have a big flood here in Germany, and I must somehow "ship" my son to Dresden (drowned right now) in my car.

Comment

You need a Caravel.

Comment

Deity Win (Spoiler)

Well, I've done it, I've won a conquest victory on deity, and boy it is definatly difficult to do so when there is more then one continent. On Pangea maps you can constantly bully you opponents to keep them weaker then you and to get technologies from them. This isnt the case on this map. The ocean between you and Persia means that you have to either keep the Egtptians and Greeks around and in a somewhat decent condition so you can bully them periodically for techs, or you have to try to conquer the continent your on and go the builder approach. I did the latter, and it was VERY difficult keeping even remotely close to the comp. Corruption was quite high, and to make it worse I didnt get a great leader from crushing the Egyptians and Greeks, and that meant I had to actually BUILD a FP. Technologically, it was quite difficult keeping up with Persia even though I had more cities. In terms of Military technology I was able to keep somewhat close to Persia, but when it came to the the non-military techs I lagged far behind. Persia managed to take almost every single middle age wonder, and all of the Industrial wonders. So many in fact, that I was worried that the Persian capital might score a cultural victory. That however, did not come to pass as I was able to destroy their civilization, though it did take quite some time (espically since I didnt have cavalry or tanks!). Victory came in 1822 and I scored quite well (as you can see) but not as well as I could have done. I think I might go to where I saved it right before I crushed their remaining city and simply hem them in, while I tech and get sanitation and then proceed to the modern era so I can get some wonders and see just how high I can get my score. Anyway, if anyone has any questions on how I managed to do this feel free to ask. I'm going to enclose the save before I crushed their last city in t he post after this one so you can watch the replay if you want to. Hope you all enjoy it, talk to you later!
              Attached Files

Comment

Last turn....

Oh, I forgot to mention, I did get 2 Great Leaders, but they came much too late to do any good. I think The GL generation rate might be reduced on deity to make it even more difficult for the human player. Anyway here is the file I promised.
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent job Objectivist!

Did I read that screenshot correctly and see that you finished in 1622 AD ?
                  signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                    Excellent job Objectivist!

Did I read that screenshot correctly and see that you finished in 1622 AD ?
                    Looks more like 1822 to me, but it's still really damn good.

BTW, did I-iZ-1337 do this yet? Was he going to take part in this challenge?

Comment

Great job, Objectivist!!!!

1337, come out and pla-ay!!

Comment

Was da bad Cweo wady and da mean Waw Chawiots too ewite?

[Edit: Sorry, shouldn't have said that... tough day.]

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                          It looks like this post confirmes Aeson reasoning.
                          I'm amazed that you can be bothered trying to decipher it, player1 - and others for whom english is not their first language. I can't be arsed - I'm just enjoying the comments of the humans on the forum. I wonder what future historians will make of all this d00dz stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus I wonder what future historians will make of all this d00dz stuff.
                            Probably the same think they'll make of Esperanto: Nothing.

Comment

How are the rest of you doing?

How are the rest of the deity games progressing, It would be nice to know how well I did compared to the rest of you. Feel free to post here or send me a message directly.

Comment

Re: How are the rest of you doing?

Originally posted by Objectivist
                                How are the rest of the deity games progressing, It would be nice to know how well I did compared to the rest of you. Feel free to post here or send me a message directly.
                                Well, I conquered the Egypts, allright. They declared war very early when I refused their request for iron, and then it took a few millennias ( or what is it called in pluralis) to hurt them enough to give me all their tech for peace. I only used legions in masses. Was the use of legions regarded as a cheat by the the cryptic rules posted by 1337? Then, just a few turns later, Alexander wanted a Molotov-Ribbentrop pact to share Greece between us. That short and dirty little war was the easiest part of the game so far.

I got two or three leaders, can't remember exactly. At least one of them was killed, as he was generated by a weak defender that died on the next attack. Used one for a 3-elite legion army and one for a wonder (iIrr).

Now I don't dare to continue the game and attack the Greek, as I expect my Legions to be useless against 12-pop cities with 8 Hoplite defenders. And the distance to the Persians are just unbearable, especially as they probably will have infantry when I come with a few galleons full of knights. Good game, but it seems lost to me.
                                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                                X