Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Someone Explain Victory by Domination to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone Explain Victory by Domination to me?

I believe the definition is that 2/3 of the world's population must be within your borders. If this is so, wouldn't it negate victory through conquest as you'll have easiuly more than 2/3 world population before you conquer everyone? DOes it have to be specifically your ethnic group (i.e. your playing as Rome and 2/3 of the world's population is Roman)?
    If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

You need 2/3rds of the Coastal/Land tiles within your cultural borders as well. Usually it's the tile count which determines when Domination is triggered, as population is usually past 2/3rds before then.

Comment

I thought it was 2/3 of total land tiles. I still have the first version though so I could be wrong. I also don't have the manual because my friend lost it .

It sounds like a good option to use, especially if subduing your last opponent is getting to be a drag through military conquest.

Cheers

Comment

Is A Population Requirement Present for a Domination Win?

Q: There is a little confusion about whether there is a population requirement for domination as well as land area requirement. Both the manual and MapStat
        seem to say there is a pop requirement. But the info available during the game does not mention it. We had a tourney result that was a close call and would just like to know for future reverence. Thanks

A: Yes, you have to have percentage domination in both land area and population to win a domination victory. It didn't make it into the manual because it was a late addition. I thought it was listed in the Civilopedia,
        though....I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,

Barry Caudill
        QA Manager
        Firaxis Games
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by jshelr
          ... and would just like to know for future reverence.
          Some people are going way too far with the Sid/Firaxis hero worship thing...

Comment

Statistical anomaly.
            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Working...
            X