Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying terrain with an eye towars resources...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying terrain with an eye towars resources...

Can anybody shed some light onto whether or not resources are allocated to various terrain sqaures at the start of the game, or as they become visible due to tech advances?

I know that, for instance, the Game resource initially appears in forested terrain. If you clear the forest, the game resource remains...
    Dyes are found in jungles, but also remain when the jungle is cleared....

But these examples are not strategic resources...

Is it in my best interest to leave jungles intact in hopes of unseen rubber, etc.... or should I manage my territory at will, secure in the confidence that if the original terrain might yield a special bounty, the modified region might still remeber its origins, and reveal its (previously unseen) wealth....

-Bob
    Semper ubi sub ubi!

I was told clear the jungle since the resource shows anyway in my other thread about worker management. I am not sure as I asked the exact same question.

Comment

Strategic resources will appear as the appropriate tech is discovered, regardless of what you've done to the tile.

Clear away.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

That's what I thought, but I haven't been sure...

Thanks.

Bob
        Semper ubi sub ubi!

Comment

Working...
        X