Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Style Fighting (Off your own territory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venger-

You have got it right. This is NOT for normal bombardment attack- its used when they are attacked by non-bombardment units. I've only used in for mostly more modern units (post Musketmen- those weapons were so slow to load and aim that I figured that the troops would be overrun and in melee combat before they could do more then one shot), however I DID give it to Longbowman. The trick is to not make it too powerful. On the other hand, they only get to use it once, a second attacker "enters" their tile for melee combat without being attacked- unless you have more then one defender with the ability, of course.

With modern units, to reflect the devastitating effect of defensive machine gun fire I gave tanks, Inf., marines/para, etc higher values (2-4) with a rate of fire of 2 or for MA and MI, 3.

It IS a Genius idea, but I cannot take the credit. I first saw it proposed by Proteous over on civFanatics. He deserves the credit. He used fairly higher values, but he also modded hit points up considerably- they balanced out.

Good luck and have fun.

Civ on!
    If you can't be kind to everyone, at least be kind to animals. They are innocent.

Comment

Venger, one other thing-

You can also do this with Naval units as well, for example, tired of your CV (carrier) being wasted by galleys? GIve the CV a 8 bombardment factor (maybe 6 or 4??) with Zero range, and let that galley try to close and attack the CV. I don't think so!

Civ on.
      If you can't be kind to everyone, at least be kind to animals. They are innocent.

Comment

Working...
      X