No announcement yet.

forcing communication with AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember that there is a mininum # of terms before the AI will talk to you after declaration of war (from either side). Usually, I find that the AI is willing to talk after 6 turns no matter who is winning.

However, if you've repeatedly broken peace treaties (before the 20 turns are up), the AI is less likely to talk to you, even if they are facing elimination.

Comment

I find about 6 turns and some damage is enough to bring them to the table, but then I don't break 20 turn deals, or declare war whilst in their territory or do many of the rep-busting things available.

Tell us Georges, what's your reputation like - how have you been behaving?

Comment

AI won't talk with you for 5 turns after the war starts no matter what.

After that 5 turn wait, their often willing to talk, even if they say that you'd have to give up a lot of gold, techs, and cities for peace.

Note that razing seems to increase the time that they won't talk to you.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Threatening a city with a strategic resources helps, as noted 15 months ago.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
          X