forcing communication with AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forcing communication with AI

In the latter stages of the game the AI tends to refuse to speak with the humans and is seemingly not bothered with WW.

Has anyone found a way to force communications?

burn a couple of cities to the ground.

Comment

doesn't work even with several cities in one turn

and doesn't work with one or two cities in one turn

Comment

theres some set time limit, having 20 assault units outside their palace wont make them talk to you.

Comment

Sometimes they're just being b*tches. But then, when you've razed all but one of their cities to the ground, odds are they will be much more receptive to your proposals... ;-)
          Like, gimme all your gold and techs, your world maps, all the workers and your firstborn child...
          "One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour."
          - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Comment

Re: forcing communication with AI

Originally posted by georges bonbon
            In the latter stages of the game the AI tends to refuse to speak with the humans and is seemingly not bothered with WW.

Has anyone found a way to force communications?
            Are you at war with them? In peacetime, at lest in my experience, they never refuse to speak unless I've only just gone to war with them - after a few turns they calm down, so I can cummunicate during war-time as well.
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

bismarck was furious with me, but i quickly built up my navy and air power, even crossing into his territory, while his battleships patrolled my coast. sensing that i would just love a war, he was furious, but there was no way i could demand that he removes units or declare war. instead, the only option i was getting was 'please remove them at once'. finally i tricked him somehow into declaring it, so i did not get to take a hapiness hit

Comment

Killing a lot of his units thereby decreasing his total armed forces size tends to get them to talk to you.

If you have troops within his territory and they are threatening to capture a town that has a strategic resource within it's borders then they'll talk to you.

Just a couple of known tricks I use to get a stubborn AI to talk to you during a war. Keep in mind though that sometimes it takes a long time to get them to talk to you no matter what you do. It's only when the computer feels that he's on his way out that he'll talk to you. Get some other countries to join in on your war with them and that too will help.

One thing I noticed last night that I tried to talk to the Chinese in my current game to get a peace agreement. They refused to talk to me even though I captured 2 of their cities and reduced their navy to virtually zero. Then I looked at the military advisor screen and noticed that they were still in democracy. 3 turns later I peeked at the military advisor screen again and noticed that the chinese were in anarchy. I asked for an end to the war and they jumped at it. Since I only have a single point of data it's hard to correlate my theory of while they're in anarchy they'll talk peace. I will have to experiment with this.
                signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I think that razing makes them more stubborn.

Personally, I think thay'll start to talk more quickly if you DON'T raze their cities.

Comment

and is seemingly not bothered with WW.
                    It does seem that way at times but they do have the same problem. Sometimes they change government to one that is immune to war weariness. I have occasionly seen the AI cities start burning.

Its hard to get their attention at the start of a war because people were exploiting AI in the version of the game. Soren had to put a minimum time limit on how long a AI would stay incommunicado. Also if you have a bad rep they may take a long time to ever talk to you again. It doesn't have to be your fault either. I have learned not to make peace while I have an active MPP for that reason.

Comment

Re: Re: forcing communication with AI

Originally posted by zulu9812

Are you at war with them? In peacetime, at lest in my experience, they never refuse to speak unless I've only just gone to war with them - after a few turns they calm down, so I can cummunicate during war-time as well.
                      I am at war with the Americans, the Romans and Chinese. The three of them have declared war. Americans and Romans have an alliance.

Comment

I've had weird things with this. When I declared war on France once, by saying That's it! Prepare for WAR! The diplo screen didn't go away, I could immediately offer peace.

Then, I've had a few times go the civ I'm at war with to Annoyed from Furious.

Last Game Zulu declared war on me, but they were far and couldn't get to me, only one small attack came. However, for peace they wanted tech all the time, so I kept refusing. Shaka became even Cautious (!) while we still were at war.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                          instead, the only option i was getting was 'please remove them at once'. finally i tricked him somehow into declaring it, so i did not get to take a hapiness hit
                          As far a I can see, you can always declare war without happiness hit if you renegotiate your peace treaty and let the negotiations fail.

Comment

Sir Ralph, I am almost certain that you do take a reputation hit if you let negotiations fail when you are asking for something else in addition to peace.

I think you don't take a hit when they don't accept your peace offer straight up. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comment

bumb ....

Any new ideas, because the problem remains the same.

You can be on the brink of destroying them, you can be on the brink of taking a resource, but they will not talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X