No announcement yet.

Quest for victory with all civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Gramphos in an earlier thread, the city size is saved as a signed 32 bit number. 2147483648 would be the largest value possible. There may be some game mechanic that limits it to a lower value though. I ran a little test with workers that were worth 25 pop each, and got a city over size 1050. So it's at least that.

Comment

...and with the persians, I bring in an extremely annoying domination victory.

5 down, 11 to go.

I still have some easy ones to do, like:
      Egypt
      Rome
      Iroquois
      and China

But I still have to win with the Americans, English, and Indians.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Did you trun off "dominance". In one game I (Persia, patch 1.17) conquered all the AI cities except 4. Next trun the screen showed that I won by dominance.

Comment

No, I don't turn off any victories. I like dominance, because by the time I have 2/3 of the world, I am really bored with the game.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Any tips on how you guys get builder victorys in Diety? I have trouble in emperor trying to get anything but Domination/Conquest and the occasional Space Race (always following a large conquest). Any game I try to go "total builder" with minimum millitary I just get pushed aroud then quickly eliminated. An early millitary is pretty much a must unless you are alone on an island.
            USA

Another brilliant Idea from the think tank. Sure, why don't ya both come up. We'll put the prisioner on the honor system, have 'er guard 'erself.

Comment

Your approach of winning a game on deity is refreshing. To conquer in a tiny map is probably the quickest way (4 to 6 hours). However, I have tried both v1.17 and prepatch version. The post-patch is harder. Persia is still my favor, simply because immortals has no competition until gunpower, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
              X