No announcement yet.

Favourite civs to play against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite ally is France; they rarely start any wars with me, and they tend to be pretty stalwart allies once you get on their good side. And Jeanne d'Arc ain't bad on the eyes

Greece is the wimpiest nation in the world... I once made a military alliance with them against the Zulus, and then Greece made peace 5 turns into the deal. Greece tends to be pretty demanding, but they fold pretty easily to solid pressure...

- Windwalker
    - Windwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Windwalker
      My favorite ally is France; they rarely start any wars with me, and they tend to be pretty stalwart allies once you get on their good side. And Jeanne d'Arc ain't bad on the eyes

- Windwalker
      She is definitely a good friend and ally, and occasionally in the early game, someone who is pretty easy to eliminate, but can't they have in the next patch an improvement to modern age Joan's appearance?

Romans, Skanky said it perfectly. My empathy reaches only so far.

Americans are a nuisance, but are generally pushovers as neighbors. I sold Abe gunpowder once, and two moves later he is marching on me with musketeers!

Chinese are always friendly and in the same way (as with Romans) I feel for them when they are being beaten by the other AI.

Greeks, Persians, Babs are usually good neighbors, but as always, a good military force commands respect.

Comment

I like Mao and Joan, they usually never attack me. The americans act like they do in the real world, help them and they don't give you anything in return.

Comment

France is usually my favorite to play against, however I don't play against them that often because I'm usually France when I play!

Greeks and Iroquois, like France are good because they are usually strong, not agressive, and give good value in trades.

I hate playing against Germans, Americans, Aztecs. They give bad trade value and will easily go to war with you and ally others against you. In fact the other AI civs hate Aztecs, too. In my current game, I discovered 8 civs on another continent. They had ganged up and destroyed Aztecs. Four different civs owned a former Aztec city!

Comment

Funny your playstyle Ralph, because it's usually the French and Germans I clean the world of first!!

The Germans seldom make it the Panzer era on my games
            Up The Millers

Comment

I know, Rothy, you have already proven your nationalist and racist attitude in the other thread, where you called Germans and French "scum". I can clearly see, that this is your opinion in real life, not only in the game. Thank God I know many UK citizens, that think different and are really nice people.

Comment

Rubbish, I have a footballing Rivarly with Germany which i take to the battlefield on Civ III .... No harm in that.

Your Outburst in Unfounded and Childish Ralph. But you're fun to wind up though
                Up The Millers

Comment

I like having the French and the Iriqouis nearby, For some reason these guys are always peaceful towards me, and I don't have to open the can of whoop@ss so soon.

I think I'd add the Greeks and Romans in there too, they seem to leave me the hell alone.

In the higher levels especially I like to have the expansionist civs the furthest away from me, as it gives me more time to expand.

Comment

Gandhi is almost always gracious towards me and easy to take. The Americans loaded with goody hut trophies are also quite nice. Both are better distant rivals than direct neighbors because I like to have them longer.

Comment

I agree that Gandhi is pleasant to deal with and on the rare occasions you go to war with the Indians, it never seems to last long. Makes reasonable trades as well...

My least favorite are the Aztecs who I annihilate on sight. I love to watch Montezuma sneering and whimpering in the diplomacy screen...

For whatever reason, the Aztecs are difficult to deal with, start long wars, try and incite other civs against you. It's always a pleasure to see that I have swept them from the Earth like a bad memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Archmage

For whatever reason, the Aztecs are difficult to deal with, start long wars, try and incite other civs against you. It's always a pleasure to see that I have swept them from the Earth like a bad memory.
                        Actually they WERE swept from Earth like a bad memory ...

R.I.P.!

(Such a shame ...)

AJ
                        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                        - emperor level all time
                        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR

Actually they WERE swept from Earth like a bad memory ...

R.I.P.!

(Such a shame ...)

AJ
                          Yeah!
                          And i would add that is a shame that the Civ that did so is not in Civ3!

I can agree: The civ I least like in Civ3 are the Aztecs, They are always looking for wars, giving gorrible trade deals and so on...!
                          I can't see how lots of you said that the French are good neighbors.... I never managed to do good deals with them and they always build city in the middle of my territory, When I go to war with them they always ally with all the other 14 civs in the world!

I guess probably the game create some sort of bad feeling between the Roman Civ and the French cause every my game goes like that

Saluti
                          A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
                          I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
                          Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

An Italian speaking in favor of a Spanishman (this can't be real English, can it?) ??

This must be a civ-thing.

Anyway, the Aztec in the game most of the times are an annoying little people ...

AJ
                            " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                            - emperor level all time
                            - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Unless they're dead or enslaved, I don't like 'em.

I'm surprised some people like Greece. The Hoplite throws a monkey wrench into early conquest plans (my plan EVERY time) .

On the other hand, I love to hate them, so maybe there's some bizarre passive-aggressive favoring of them going on. That's for my doctors to decide, though.

I like France for an opponent, mainly because I love laying waste to the "saint" (read: schizophrenic) and her pretentious, Jerry Louis liking, collaborator henchmen.

Comment

My favorite is to have Moa and Joan in a separate continent for trading purpose, and England as a neighbor for early conquering.

Comment

Working...
                                X