Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kc7mxo
    replied
    Yeah, many an ally owed its existence to steady shipments of mechanized infantry from my factories.

Leave a comment:

• steelehc
    replied
    You have to give away workers, and hope that the AI is smart enough to add them to a city, then conscript a military unit.

I liked that feature.

Steele

Leave a comment:

• Purest Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Kc7mxo
    i think it would be cool if after a war you could demand your captured workers be returned to you.
    Yeah, I thought of that, as well. Like an exchange of POWs.

Anyway, there are to few things you can offer in a negotiation. In Civ2 you were able to give units away, right? What happened to that?

Leave a comment:

• Kc7mxo
    replied
    make sure your workers are in you r capital, and then talk to an ai. they'll be offered in the screen.

i think it would be cool if after a war you could demand your captured workers be returned to you.

Leave a comment:

• DrFell
    replied
    Yep, they must be in the cap. I buy any workers I can off the AI early on (pop rushing), I'm not sure if selling spares later would be useful or not.

Leave a comment:

• siredgar
    replied
    How do you sell workers anyhow? Do you need to have them in your capital or something? I never sell workers, they're too valuable. But it may be a good idea later in the game when you have too many workers and big cities and no money!

Leave a comment:

• Thrawn05
    replied
    Originally posted by Gramphos
    Judging from the savegame format the limit is a signed 32 bit number. (2^31-1 max)
    I would have thought unsigned, since you can't have a negative number of people in a city (coding like this is soo silly).

Leave a comment:

• DrFell
    replied
    I'm curious to know what the city screen looks like with such a big city. Can you actually turn all those extra citizens into scientists/taxmen? It's funny to think that there isn't enough turns in the game for a city like that to starve down to a manageabe level.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Thanks Gramphos, can't wait to see the first size 2147483647 city Does your Civ3CopyTool have the ability to change city sizes?

Purest Warrior.. Those are leftover fireworks from the previous turn sadly. The city was size 14 with all 14 happy (8 luxuries, marketplace, 20% luxury rate). With any population over 40 there is no chance for WLTKD, as the entertainers will outnumber the workers.

Leave a comment:

• Purest Warrior
    replied
    I'm impressed that you have 'em celebrating WLT*D. We're talking 520+ happy citizens. I have a hard time keeping 10 happy!
    Or is it the 5 happy ones from the previous turn that forgot to put put the fireworks?

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Judging from the savegame format the limit is a signed 32 bit number. (2^31-1 max)

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    I edited the default .bic to set this city up easier, giving workers a population value of 25. Otherwise I would have been spending forever activating workers, moving them to a city, and building. The save game was too big for the 500K limit, even zipped
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    I no longer have the save, I have a game with several hundred workers that I am playing now... I'll set up the largest city I can and post it here a bit later.

Leave a comment:

• DrFell
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson
    A size 300+ city is certainly possible. Someone did it in one of the Apolyton Tournament games, prompting me to build one myself. The limit is probably going to be a power of 2 (minus 1). Most likely 16 bit (65535). Of course it could easily be 32 bit (4294967295) or any other arbitrary value.
    Civ2 had some artificial limits put into it (like the limit on gold and a few others), but yeah, it seems likely to be a 16 bit variable used to store city size. I'd like to see the size 300 city game, can you post a link?

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    A size 300+ city is certainly possible. Someone did it in one of the Apolyton Tournament games, prompting me to build one myself. The limit is probably going to be a power of 2 (minus 1). Most likely 16 bit (65535). Of course it could easily be 32 bit (4294967295) or any other arbitrary value.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X