Civs from easiest to hardest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
    MadBomber, don't EVER tell the Civ3 Democracy game group, but I am hoping to actually finish my first game of Civ3 EVER. I have had the game since December '01...
    Well lookie what we have here

On topic (sorta): I got my butt handed to me by a Jag Rush in a simul MP game. Does anyone know of an effective defence against this in MP games?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

EDIT: Stupid double post.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

C'mon donegeal... no need to rub this in by posting twice.... I have since won a game by domination on a random (pangaea) map. I was most looking forward to getting tanks, too.
        If you reveal this, who will ever vote for me again? OTOH, who would believe you?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal

Well lookie what we have here

On topic (sorta): I got my butt handed to me by a Jag Rush in a simul MP game. Does anyone know of an effective defence against this in MP games?

Other than taking Greece, Carthage, or the Zulu, lots of spearmen, and catapults when you can build them. Also a few horsemen and swordsmen for a counter attack.
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

About the Russians the cool thing about them is the Cavalry/Cossack is an offense military unit. And you will use them until tank come around. Did you know that you can have a second golden age if you UU has some victories. One easy way win two battles in one turn. However I still like The French attributes the best which are commercial and industrial. Having a commercial and industrious have the most useful attributes. My current game Regent 1300 Ad French Monarchy in Second Golden Age running around with muskeeers, cannons, and Cavalry. I Also agree about the Americans have UU being a flying unit is worthless I much rather it be a M1 Abrams
            Ps I usually have a heck of a time finding iron. So what type of army is best without iron. By the time I find and connect my iron I am ready for knights

Comment

I'm sorry to disappoint you MPatton, but you can have only one GA per game, either triggered by wonder building OR by a victory of your UU. This can't be modified as it's hardcoded in the game.

Personally, I don't like the Cossack because with 6/4/3, you don't use them to defend your cities... I rather have a normal Cavalry (6/3/3) or even better Ottoman's Siphai (8/3/3, cost 100 shields). But I agree with you, Cabalry is often a gamebreaker...

--Kon--
              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Working...
              X