Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloody Forced Retirement; It's too early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacific_Wing

*Why can I build infantry and riflemen without a saltpeter supply? Bug?
    The Civilopedia says something like "by the time you can build riflemen, saltpeter is in abundance so you don't need the saltpeter resource"
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by Assur

The Civilopedia says something like "by the time you can build riflemen, saltpeter is in abundance so you don't need the saltpeter resource"
      You could make it chemical, but first during the first world war but rifelmen is strange, mayby balancing reasons.
      Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

I have to STRONGLY disagree with something said earlier.

It was suggested that you shouldn't build city improvements until you actually need them. Not building a temple until you are size 5 or 6 was listed as an example.

Sorry, but that's plain wrong. While I agree in principle that you should focus on what's important and not waste time building most of the early Wonders or many of the city improvements until your expansion is over, not building a temple is a HUGE mistake.

Here's why. Your founding city has a palace which will provide one culture per turn, but each city you found after that has nothing. Without a temple (or something with a culture value) your cultural influence will never expand. This means that your cities will only be able to use the squares immediately around the main city square. This is a very bad thing to have last until you are size 5 or 6!

I usually try to fit a temple in as soon as reasonably possible. The temple provides 2 culture per turn and allows your borders to expand. This is even more critical for your cities bordering any other Civs. Try to build a temple in those ASAP. Your other cities can produce a settler or two first, but then they should also build a temple. The other city improvements can wait, but get those temples!

Your border cities need the Temples ASAP so they can at the very least keep your opponent from winning your cities by cultural takeover and may very well give you a big enough cultural advantage over the bordering cities that they throw off their oppressors and declare loyalty to you.
        I'm just a pigment of your imagination.

Comment

Working...
        X