Bye bye PtW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, SR!!

I prolly won't have time to play it though. Maybe there are some lessoned learned that will be useful for a C3C mod...

What was the reason for no cities on forests? Is there an exploit on tundra of which I am unaware.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Hi big T . No cities on forest only, because forest could be planted on tundra and then settled.

I take a time out today (I just returned from my "evening meeting" and am fairly ... erm ... tired ). Will continue to play tomorrow.

Comment

Ohhh... so you just want to prevent the human player from an exploit to settle on tundra. If I understand correctly then, Soren's comment was not really on target... it is OK that the AI civs do not know how to do that.

ps: I don't play much after "evening meetings" either.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

No cities on forest only, because forest could be planted on tundra and then settled.

For "no cities on tundra," instead of prohibiting cities in forests I prohibited planting forests on tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            Ohhh... so you just want to prevent the human player from an exploit to settle on tundra. If I understand correctly then, Soren's comment was not really on target... it is OK that the AI civs do not know how to do that.
            Not quite. What Soren was saying is that when forest/jungle are flagged for "no cities", the AI does not understand that it needs to clear forest/jungle in "regular" (non-tundra) areas in order to build cities. Instead, the AI ignores those areas for settling completely. Thus a potential for human exploit.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Dearest Charlotte,

greetings from the Russian front. I write this letter in a military camp near Yakutsk, which our brave cavalrymen captured this year, after it was many years under siege. I'm so proud, that I was allowed to participate in this victorious operation, breathing gun smoke, loading and firing my cannon without any break. After so many years of war, disrupted only by very short periods of peace, it's good to see, that the backbone of the Russian bear seems to be broken. And finally, in our high command showed up talented leaders. Five years ago, the Cavalry regiment "G. L. von Blücher" brought us the leader Horsa, who helped us with his skills instantly to install the Womens suffrage. Yes, my dear, it's true, you will be allowed to participate in the next elections in our glorious Republic. And in this year, the Cavalry regiment "N. von Gneisenau" gave us the leader Barbarossa. In ancient times we already saw him, he helped to form our first army of Knights, which is, by the way, still in service as guard for our artillery. This time, he will help us to complete a big research project called Theory of Evolution.

I hope so, that peace will come and I can return to you. I miss you, my love, but still the Russian Czarina Catherine refuses to talk with our leaders. I heard, in our homeland is going on a big industrialization process, and factories and power plants are constructed everywhere. Our leaders say, that with the installation of the Womens suffrage our nation entered a Golden age. I am sure, that this will speed the construction of the factories. I wish you heartly, that you soon will benefit from all the modern goods the new age provides. As I heard, England and France are also in this age of industrialization. In the southern jungle was a big uprising of barbarians. We heard that our jungle police, consisting of morning star swingers, already suffered the first losses. I hope, the barbarian horsemen can be stopped before they reach our cities.

I hear thunder of cannons at the horizon, and have to end this letter. Probably the Russians are raiding again, although their attacks get more and more pathetic. I hope, that I can soon return home to you, my love. This tour will take very little time, as the new railroad, which connects our new russian provinces with our homeland, will soon be ready.

Kisses,

Leberecht von Hartenfels
              Captain in the 4th artillery battalion
              Attached Files

Comment

1340 AD I found the Aztecs, the last civ. Faaaaar in the ancient age. I traded their world map for Masonry!
                Attached Files

Comment

Give or regards to the fine captain, soon to be major, I presume.

Comment

Yet another lunatic action.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Go get'em, Leberecht!!

Comment

1410 AD. We have peace since a couple of turns. Cathy sued for peace herself. Right now, she is in my territory with 2 knights, but I know she heads towards England.

Something very strange is going on with tech trading. Techs one AI has, but I don't, are practically not to afford. Joan trades Nationalism (which she owns alone) for Steam Power + 778 gpt + 7674g (already haggled down) ! That is hardly what I wanted by raising the tech rate. May be that's why most AIs are so backwards.

I'm about a third in the industrial age, have a lead of 5-6 techs to the most advanced AIs and 1-2 whole ages to the less advanced. I'm beginning quickly to lose interest in this game .

Comment

Yes, Nationalism is a strange tech that way. The AI places a huge value on it for trade, way more than what is justified by its research cost. I doubt it's the tech rate of your mod that created this situation.

Comment

In no small measure, it is due to your being able to pay that much.

Comment

Nationalism is overpriced under the normal rules (not horribly so), and by upping the tech costs across the board, I guess you ended up magnifying that. Ouch, poor Aztecs! That's INSANE!

I can't believe you made that deal for Nationalism, by the way. Whenever I get an outrageous trade offer, I just say "screw it, I'll do it myself."

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hey , I just checked, with 0% science.

<advisor>I would never accept such a deal</advisor>

And I won't do it myself, I wait for the next civ to research or trade for it, that approximately halves the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X