No announcement yet.

PTW Democracy Game II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd welcome you to Cake or Death, MS, but you may not be interested, given that our team name, cities, units, etc, are all based on a specific comedian. Personally, I'll take people who have never heard of Eddie Izzard at this point, but I'd understand if you thought "who the heck is that? I'm gonna go be a Monkey!"

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey"
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
        "Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey"
        We really got to use that song as our national anthem...
        Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Heard of a monkey? How am I...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Our problem may be the relative obscurity of Eddie.

-Arrian
            Yep.

Perhaps you should start sponsoring some Eddie Educational threads to bring people up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus on the Cake or Death Forum

I want to join and agitate for us to research Jam. Off the bat while building the granary, so we can store more Jam, and then trade it for wine to make alcoholic jam, and ivory to make pianos to listen to while we're eating it, and silks for the girls to dance in. And for King Eddie.

There had better be some wheat nearby, as there's nothing worse than jam with no bread to act as a vehicle. Spoon of jam anyone?

I'm fed up with lighthouse dashes and galley-going contact collecting. Let's stay home and make Jam.
              This was my original application to join CoD. It raised a smile, but no invite at that time. If the team are recuiting again, I'd like to re-submit the above application. I recognise that the game has gone beyond the initial phases for which my opening strat was intended, but if we can mod the game to rename culture as 'Jam', I'm confident that the eventual Jam Victory conditions can be met.

Finally, one misconception to clear up about our hero Eddie. In one of his vids he describes himself as 'thinly read'. While this could be taken to explain his naive apparant political stance in recommending that Japan and Germany rule the world (because they've already 'been through the bad stuff'), I belive that what he originally meant to say was "thinly spread", but his biro was being erratic when he penned the script.

It's good to see Eddie doing the business in the States. We get paranoid over here sometimes that our strange sense of humour is, er, not understood.

Comment

So, its up to Vox Controli, Team Monkey and Arrian's 'more than unknown comedian' team.
                Plus Legoland in PtWDGI.
                And some of you are just 'spectators'...

... the more I read this thread, the more I believe you are a crazy bunch of

Now, any new team after C3C?
                And BTW, can somebody make some sense out of it?
                The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Cort Haus, you are more than invited... I've been so busy eating jam and sandwiches that I have done less then my part for the glory of Izzardia.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

We never authorized Cort Haus?? *boggle*

FP, get on that

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I am also boggled. I'm getting on it right now....

Comment

Ah, there's a slight problem, but it's easily solved.

Cort: Join the Cake or Death civgroup and you'll the appear on the list of members the forum gives me and I can click on the 'authorize' link for you. It'll be great to have you aboard!

Comment

OK, done.

Comment

I've authorized you now.

Welcome to the team! The private forum can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=204

Comment

OK, your last chance the whole lot of you. Who makes a bid for me and what do you offer me?
                              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Hey MS, I think part of the problem is that not many of the teams know about you. If you head to the PTWDGII forum and post there the teams will know about you. BTW, I think team Monkey and team Cake or Death are still the ones that need the most help in number of active players.

Comment

Working...
                                X