Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW Democracy Game II

FYI to those who may be interested:

As you may know, there are 2 PtW Democracy games underway here at Apolyton (aside from the intersite Demogame between 'poly and other sites):

The second game was started as a more light-hearted game. The original is pretty intense.

I'm involved in both PTW Demogames. In the second one, my team ("Cake or Death?") is in need of more members. CoD is, like all of the PTW DemoII teams, based loosely on a theme. Ours is the comedy of Eddie Izzard, an English comedian/actor. Anyway, we currently have all of 2 active members, and as the game progresses, that just has to change. So anyone who is interested, please let me know.

I should also mention that the Gathering Storm (my PtW DemoI team) can also always use fresh blood. But it's Cake or Death? that really needs a transfusion.

The game is currently at 2430bc, if memory serves, so it's quite early (whereas the first demogame is into the AD years).

So, to any of you who might want to get in on the whole multi-player democracy game thing, here is your chance.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Can I join GS?

Seriously, demo games are fun, especially multiplayer ones. Participating in the ISDG and the PTWDG I have been incredible experiences. The PTWDG II has just started so any new member will not have too much "adjustment" difficulties.

Join! Join!
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Team Monkey has 5 members with about 3 being active.

Join us, and teach these human subspecies who is truly the dominant race of the world.

PTWDG II Forum

Just send a PM to me if you want to join.
      "No Comment"

Comment

I haven't been in a democracy game. anyone want me?

Comment

Thanks for making this thread Arrian.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Do you want to join, FP?

Comment

/me is already the brave and fearless leader of the team that Arrian is on.

Comment

Sorry, didn't know. Can I join?

Comment

Ecthy:

In the second one, my team ("Cake or Death?") is in need of more members. CoD is, like all of the PTW DemoII teams, based loosely on a theme. Ours is the comedy of Eddie Izzard, an English comedian/actor.

If you've heard of and like the comedian in question then yes, otherwise you'd probably be better off finding another team. There are several others with different themes that you might find appealing.
                  Starting a thread in this forum would be the best way for you to find a team I think: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=199

Comment

Arrian,
                    I understand it is a PBEM game, therefore, before I committ myself, I'd like to know how you play it exactly, turn-wise and time-wise?

I might face two problems:
                    1. Interenet connections in Switzerland are (still) expensive. I can get a 24/h 7/7 package for a lump sum, but since it's much more expensive, i'd like to know if it's worth it.
                    2. For family, professional and time-lag reasons, I cannot get a save, play a round, send it to everybody, wait for their play etc. (if it'played this way).

Oh Dark Master, I beg you to enlighten me.
                    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Everything you ever wanted to know about Democracy Games: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=81684

That's the FAQ for the singleplayer democracy game, but many of the same principles apply. You don't have to be able to actually physically the play the game in order to join a team (but it wouldn't hurt). All it requires is that you log onto Apolyton and post your opinions and suggestions in the team's forum based on reports and screenshots that others have posted.

Comment

Oh and don't worry if you can't contribute a lot, as long as you're willing to contribute something and are able to check the forum and make a few posts a couple of times a week then most teams will be very happy.

Comment

Each team has one (or more, depending on how the team is organised) designated player. That player receives the save from another team, plays it and sends it on to the next team. I'm in both games, but can't get involved in the actual playing of the game. But there is plenty of discussion about what to do with the turn, developing plans, getting involved in diplomacy. One of the strong features of PTWDGs is the fact that even players who have very little time to get involved and can't play the turns themselves can still make useful contributions to the team. All my involvement is done in brief moments at work when I have time to read the private forum, see what is going on, and possibly make some comments or add some ideas.

So I'd say if you're at all interested, join a team. The worst that can happen is that you occasionally read the forum and never post anything.

Comment

I think I'd rather find another team :/

Comment

Ecthelion - try Team Monkey. Konquest02, Hot_Enamel, myself and our Simian friends. Join the zoo.

Actually, the Carthaginians.
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X