Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow... I just started my first "new game" in how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... I just started my first "new game" in how long?

Between AU, MZOBC, the DGs, and what not... I realized I hadn't started a random new game, just for fun, in... 6 months, maybe?

Gotta try Sipahi, so:

(I forgot how much fun just picking settings is! )

Emperor, random opponents, standard, warm, wet, 3B, continents with min water, restless. All vic conditions.

This will be my "f*ck around game" while we play AUSG101. BTW, do we want to also play a regular AU game any time soon?

Wish me luck!!! (like it's really needed with IND and friggin' 8a Cavs ).
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Theseus , you really can try some deity game , trust me , you can beat it .

Comment

fanes7, I do not see your posts.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Friggin' map generator!!!

My capitol, Istanbul, is on the hill 47 from the incense in the eastern peninsula...

And I just traded for The Wheel.

This is like an AU game alexman or Dominae would dream up!! Zulus to the west, and Persians to the northwest... gimme a break!

[sidenote: I've got camps built at Istanbul 63 and 99... and excellent way to put roads on hills, even when IND]
        Attached Files

Comment

OMG! What an interesting map that would be if Mountains were Impassable!

(That's the only way I play now. I don't know what I'll do with C3C!)

Comment

Can you secure the chokepoints?

It does look like an interesting map. Have fun!

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Nice map you have there!
              Lots of room to expand in your backyard, maybe a camp at 44 from Istanbul along with a couple of warriors to secure it? And a city between the gems and incense, if you can hold it?

How did you manage to explore such a large part of the map in only a couple more than 40 turns? Ottomans are not expansionist, are they?

Comment

What is MZOBC?

Comment

Master Zen Online - Boot Camp
                  "No Comment"

Comment

@Thrar: SCI and IND... there's nothing to build right off!! So I built Warriors, 9 of'em.

Anybody notice what is MISSING??!!

Comment

Iron, I guess.

Comment

Nice start, I think. IIRC from my last Ottoman game, you start with Bornze Working, so get a city by the sea.

And it looks like you'll have a hard time putting people on horses, when there doesn't appear to be any around. It's a shame, really, I recently noticed Sipahis are much better against Infantry than plain Cavalry (or maybe it was just the rng).
                        The monkeys are listening.

Comment

No horsie for you! You come back, next game!

I too started a new game last night (stupidly, at 9:30... what the hell was I thinking? Oh, I'll just play for a 1/2 hour. Yeah). Rome again... I just like 'em. Wanted to investigate RCP some more (even though it's going bye-bye) with closer spacing than normal (for me). Ring #1 was at 3.5 tiles. Feels cramped. Is cramped. But it works.

Grog helped, though. Having the Pyramids by the time I had 4 cities was priceless. My map is rather "interesting" too. One small river in my domain. Some lakes, thank the RNG. Got a horsie, but no iron anywhere near my start. Only by fighting through 2 AIs have I gotten it. But now it's on. My attack stack is poised on the border with AI empire #3: 20 legionaries, 2 pikes, 1 2x archer army, 1 archer, ~6 horsemen.

The potential problem I see with the tight spacing is building the big medieval/industrial wonders. It's tough to get a monster production city when each town gets 8 or so land tiles to work.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I just found my first accessable horses...

28 TILES FROM ISTANBUL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                              I just found my first accessable horses...

28 TILES FROM ISTANBUL!!
                              Are you SURE Dominae didn't design your scenario?

Comment

Working...
                              X