No announcement yet.

Apolyton University Modified Succession Game Sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might I recommend 40 turns for the first block? Twenty turns barely gets you past your Granary or your first Settler...

As for civ choice...not Carthage! That one has been overplayed recently (by me). I've never actually piloted the Arabs, so my vote goes to them.

Dominae
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I was just rethinking the first turn block and was considering bumping it to 25 or 30. The first few turns do go by very quickly in most cases. 40 would work too.

Comment

At this point we have enough players to make two five person teams and one six person team if we add the "opportunists" team. Or two eight person teams if we stick with the other way.

We need more people for the conquest team. Some of the "any team" people will be placed on that team unless I see a few more people stating a conquest preference. I'm going to go ahead and PM the people who don't have a stated preference yet.

Comment

Since I am unable to see my post on this page, I am not sure if I ever said what team.

I chose builder at any level, but will be willing to go to what ever team you want to fill one out.
          I presume this will be PTW 1.27? You probably mentioned it and I of course forgot.

Comment

Where do you guys need someone????

edit: prefer opportunistic, but that looks like its filling up fast....

Comment

Arabs!!
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Put me on the opportunists while there's still space. There shouldn't be!

As high a difficulty level as possible and any civ.

As for the 1st block, 40 turns sounds good for a non-expansionist civ. If we're playing an expansionist civ, it could be shorter.

Comment

if it is still possible, pls put me on the list as well. I am more a builder / opportunist type but will try to deal with any game style. Monarch or emp is both fine.

Comment

I agree with 40 turns for the first block.

I'll be opportunist (or, if that one is getting too many people, feel free to put me in either of the other two categories).

Hmm, so the choices are Carthage, Germany or the Arabs?

We did do an AU with Arabia, btw (power of expansion... I never did finish that).

My basic thought is that a militaristic civ is almost completed wasted if you're playing "builder" so Germany wouldn't be a good choice. That leaves Carthage and Arabia.

I'd personally perfer Carthage (I just don't like Exp), but I'll go with the majority.

Oh, I never did download the 1.27 patch... I should get on that, huh?

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      Since I am unable to see my post on this page, I am not sure if I ever said what team.

I chose builder at any level, but will be willing to go to what ever team you want to fill one out.
                      I presume this will be PTW 1.27? You probably mentioned it and I of course forgot.
                      Yes this is on PTW 1.27f patch. And if I didn't mention it before (I don't think I did) it is set up with the AU mod.

Comment

We now have enough people for three teams of six. There are so far 5 people preferring opportunists, 5 people preferring space victory, 1 person preferring conquest victory, and 2 for any team they are part of, though a few people with a preference stated any team was fine. That leaves five people undecided so far. The conquest victory needs people. Whomever hasn't signed up for a preference by 10pm EST tonight will be assigned a team, most likely the conquest victory team but we'll see what happens (and no, I don't want to have to do that, but I want to get this game started soon ).

Comment

oh btw, opportunists first choice for me, warmongers second choice if the first is too full.
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

"Conquest" = Conquest + Domination victories?
                            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                              "Conquest" = Conquest + Domination victories?
                              It would end up being a domination victory I'm sure, unless everyone wants domination turned off to go for a conquest victory. I figured conquest would be a bit too lengthy, and the game is usually decided by the time domination rolls around anyway (well beforehand in many games, but that's beside the point. )

Comment

I'd like to join the opportunist group, as it fits better in my kind of play...

Playing as the Americans would be nice, as it's been quite a long time for me. But I'll play with whatever is given to me!

--Kon--
                                Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Working...
                                X