Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassadar500
    replied
    Yes there will be EXCELLENT news coverage if I am the new Dean.

Leave a comment:

• badams52
    replied
    While I thank those of you who have supported me and hoped I would take this position based on my history of involvement, I can only say that my future involvement would not be as dilligent. And this position needs someone to dedicate much time and effort of which, I could only provide effort.

I still reserve the right to come in from time to time and give my input though.

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    replied
    Thanks NM!!

(side benefit to NM's candidacy: good news coverage!! )

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    I will do it. If people want me to

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    I will go along with any sucker, I mean hero that will be willing to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    I'd nominate either Dominae or Alexman if either wants it. They both have a long history with Apolyton University and between them have created many of the AU scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• BRC
    replied
    I nominate badams52, whether he likes it or not!

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    replied
    Shoot, Rothy, you were one of my hopefuls.

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    While I'd like it, my situation is much the same that I just don't have time for it. I will however continue to support AU whenever and however I can. I just can't be the dean.

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    started a topic An open position at Apolyton University

An open position at Apolyton University

As much as I'd like to, I cannot reliably commit the time necessary to make AU all that it can and should be.

[RL, other things I'd like to see at 'poly, DGs, playing!, etc.]

So I'd like to open the field for the position of Dean of Apolyton University!!

The candidate should:

* Be prepared to herd cats.
    * Maintain the democratic anarchy that defines 'poly and AU.
    * Be ready, able, and willing to push forward in every way.
    * Check into MZO for ideas and commentary that may not appear here.
    * Be aware of the successes / failures of other Civ3 sites, and continually improve the AU offering.
    * Recruit additional persons / resources to get all of things done that should get done (e.g., web page creators / masters, scenario creators, judges, analysts, PR people, etc.).
    * Be impartial, patient, and mature ("the horror... the horror" ).

Ideally, the candidate will determine and execute a strategic plan that will make AU the pre-eminent destination and organization in the online Civ3 community. The first major task, I think, is to get the Regent AU Intro game under way, followed by an AU web page, followed by improved coverage outside of the forums (but that's just my thinking).

This is not to be undertaken lightly. As we see in the standard forums, and especially in the DG games, many of us in the Civ3 / 'poly community have made this very much a part of our lives, and take it very seriously.

I, personally, am very proud of AU, and am very committed to what it has been thus far and can be in the future.

I'm not sure yet what the electoral / selection process will be, but I will certainly be involved. I think, first, we as a whole need to see expressions of interest in and commitment to the position...

Depending on who and how many people put themselves forward, I'd like to run a voting poll sometime next weekend (8/9-10), if all agree.

So, who'd like the job?
Working...
X