Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cruise Missiles Suck

Originally posted by Gravity Happens
    Is it just me, or do cruise missiles suck in this game? They were really useful in Civ 2, but they just plain stink in Civ III. They have pathetic range, and they hardly do enough damage to be as useful as say, planes. If they had longer range that would make me want to use them. Maybe about 4 more bombarding power as well. I just use radar artillery, which is the same as cruise missiles, except re-usable. There needs to be something to make using cruise missiles worth the bother of building them!
    Mod, Mod, Mod

(I increase the firepower, range, and ROF.)
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: Cruise Missiles Suck

Originally posted by Gravity Happens
      Is it just me, or do cruise missiles suck ?
      No, they blow.

Comment

If they used a ramjet engine they could suck and blow at the same time.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: Re: Cruise Missiles Suck

Originally posted by Vince278

Mod, Mod, Mod

(I increase the firepower, range, and ROF.)

hi ,

yes , yes , agreed , but many people like to play with an unmodded game for various reasons , .....

they ( firaxis would have to change the settings , thats all , .....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
          X