The Fight For Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for your comments they are most appreciated

Sorry about the big war not happening Scratch.

It was hard work to write but enjoyable, I think I will take a short break from writing before starting out on another journey

You know I posted the final chapter over at CFC on the same day as here and as yet not one response

Dont think I will bother posting there again.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
      No big war with the Romans.
      Hmm, I also expected a big bloody battle, with Kyle in charge now.

Nonetheless, it's a good ending with the procession down the capital's streets and Kyle's words to the poeple.

I would love to read a sequel, (the deal with the Romans ). But maybe it's better left to the reader's imagination.

"The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
      Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

• Great job, Chrisius! :b Very glad you finished. And you sure have ended it with the same amount of quality and skill as the rest of the story. I hope I'll be able to do the same with mine sooner or later. The ending sure was not expected by me.

Very consistent writing, bro. I WILL be waiting for a sequel, I got too attached to the characters, plot, and CELTICA to leave it as just a memory now! Man, I gotta say, your strongest point was your character development. The reader really does get attached to Bryn.

Great work

Comment

• Thanks Kaos I appreciate your comments when are you going to write again for your fans ?
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Easthaven, thank you for your kind words, it was at times difficult to write and Im so glad that you can see what I was trying to achieve, especially with Bryn's character.

Although when I started researching etc for this story I had not intended it to be as deep, but events in real life sort of took over.

I lost my father who died of stomach cancer last january, and I think those emotions stem from my sense of grief. I was very close to "Fred" my Dad, we worked together for 20 years as partners, in the building trade. I think a lot of my Dad's qualities were in Bryn's character.

Regards Chris

Comment

• Well it seems this little beast has won the contest, thanks very much to everyone who has expressed their support and given advice at times throughout the course of writing this one.

Im taking a break from writing myself but do continue to enjoy all the stories here, I love this forum

Once again thanks to all for reading

Comment

• This baby deserves a hearty bump.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

• Originally posted by vovan
                  This baby deserves a hearty bump.
                  Indeed!

...and a sequel too!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by vovan
                    This baby deserves a hearty bump.
                    Indeed, and to be read again

Thanks Chris
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                    X